2810Re: [webalizer] how to process the daily squid log files

    Jul 2, 2004
      --- rathidevi2k <rathidevi2k@...> wrote:
      > hi,
      > Can someone help me to solve this problem.
      > I need to process my squid log files daily and
      > generate html
      > reports.
      > I have configured webalizer as follows
      > Incremental = yes.
      > Incremental name = webalizer.current.
      > and in crond i run a script to process the log
      > files
      >
      > The script is as follows:
      > cd /tmp/temp # Directory in which i want the
      > output of webalizer
      > cat
      > /var/log/squid/access.log.2|/usr/local/bin/webalizer
      > -F squid
      >
      > I am not still able to get daily reports.
      > Kindly help me to sort out this

      I'm not sure, but I think that webalizer doesn't
      accept logfiles being fed to it in the standard input.
      Instead of:

      /var/log/squid/access.log.2|/usr/local/bin/webalizer
      -F squid

      use:

      /usr/local/webalizer -F squid
      /var/log/squid/access.log.2

      This invocation will work for sure. Bye.

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic