2797Re: [webalizer] Re: Blank KB In/Out stats

    Jun 27, 2004
      > I got webalizer-2.01.10-11mdk.i586.rpm from here:
      >
      > http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=webalizer

      Don't konw what they did, but it's apparently a basterdized
      version of the code. Official version can be found at either
      www.mrunix.net/webalizer/ or webalizer.org

      > Hang on, are you pulling my leg? :-)

      No. See http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/

      to see what the reports generated look like. You will notice that there
      are no "KB in" or "KB out" metrics reported in any of those reports.

      > Is that you discussing this very problem? The ansewr you gave that
      > fella: "Bogus '%v' in front of each record" doesn't apply to the
      > config I mentioned in my first post.

      Yes that's me.. and no, it doesn't apply to you. In the above, NO
      Kb metric was being reported (due to the fields being right shifted
      by one field and throwing off their alignment). In your case, the
      Kb metric is being reported properly, but some bogus "Kb in" and
      "KB out" metrics are not.. which are not part of the webalizer and
      never have been.

      Now.. what I _suspect_ is that you have a bastardized version of
      the webalizer that hacks in support for showing in/out traffic
      using some unusual log format. In your first post, you showed a
      LogFormat snippit from your httpd.conf file that looked like:

      # You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
      #LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio

      Chances are, you need to use the above format for your log records
      so the hacked webalizer will pick up the added %I and %O fields
      tacked onto the end of each record. What you probably have in your
      httpd.conf file is a like that looks like:

      CustomLog /path/to/log/access_log combined

      when you should have instead:

      CustomLog /path/to/log/access_log combinedio

      But that is just a guess given the limited info available. At any rate,
      the version of the program is not an official one, as it has been hacked
      to add the above functionality, and therefore is not really supported.
      To get the offical version, visit one of the sites mentioned above.