2077Re: [webalizer] webalizer log processing and dns caching

    May 15, 2003
      From the DNS.README file:

      "If you are using STDIN for the input stream (log file) and have run-time
      DNS cache file creation/update enabled.. the program will exit after the
      cache file has been created/updated and no output will be produced. If
      you must use STDIN for the input log, you will need to process the stream
      twice, once to create/update the cache file, and again to produce the
      reports."

      --
      On Thu, 15 May 2003, ernieoporto wrote:

      > I used it in this fashion...
      > mergelog /web/logs/access_log* | webalizer -c
      > /web/site/webalizer/config.cfg -p -
      >
      > Where my config.cfg file is
      > IgnoreSite inside.site.com
      > DNSCache /web/site/webalizer/dns_cache.db
      > DNSChildren 10
      > OutputDir /web/site/webalizer
      > HostName www.site.com
      >

      > However, the only thing updated is the dns cache when I have the
      > DNSCache directive. If I do not use the DNSCache Directive or -D arg,
      > it works properly. Is the DNS cache maintenance supposed to be done as
      > a separate run from the log processing? The --help for webalizer
      > seems to just say "DNSCache: Use DNS Cache file 'name'", not that it
      > changes its performance. Should I be using this a different way?