NOAA 15 APT.

  • Douglas Deans
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
      As reported in this week's Weather Satellite Report there will be a VHF
      conflict between NOAA 12 and NOAA 15 (137.500 MHz).
      I can now confirm that NOAA 15's APT will be switched off tomorrow 1st
      January 2005 at 15.00 UTC and will remain off until 1st February 2005.
      NOAA 12 will continue as normal.

      Regards
      Douglas.
    • nigel heasman
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
        Hi Douglas,
        thanks for that confirmation - wouldn't it be good if
        NOAA had the facility to switch 15's APT to another
        frequency!!
        Mustn't complain though - all 3 are doing a great job
        for us APT enthusiasts - long may they continue.
        regards,
        Nigel

        --- Douglas Deans <douglas@...>
        wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        As reported in this week's Weather Satellite Report
        there will be a VHF
        conflict between NOAA 12 and NOAA 15 (137.500 MHz).
        I can now confirm that NOAA 15's APT will be switched
        off tomorrow 1st
        January 2005 at 15.00 UTC and will remain off until
        1st February 2005.
        NOAA 12 will continue as normal.

        Regards
        Douglas.

        =====
        Greetings from Yahoo mail
      • Les Hamilton
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
          Hi Nigel,

          NOAA can switch NOAA 15 to 137.62 MHz, but that would of course conflict
          with NOAA 17.

          Les

          wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          As reported in this week's Weather Satellite Report
          there will be a VHF
          conflict between NOAA 12 and NOAA 15 (137.500 MHz).
          I can now confirm that NOAA 15's APT will be switched
          off tomorrow 1st
          January 2005 at 15.00 UTC and will remain off until
          1st February 2005.
          NOAA 12 will continue as normal.

          Regards
          Douglas.

          =====
          Greetings from Yahoo mail

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/RLYolB/TM

        • Douglas Deans
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 17, 2005
            This morning's NOAA 15 pass starting here at approx. 07.55 UTC seems fine
            again.

            Regards
            Douglas.
          • Douglas Deans
            Message 5 of 9 , May 16, 2005
              Today's updated Weekly Events report from NOAA states (pasted) :-

              - 16 MAY - 0700Z- END N-12/N-15 VHF CONFLICT. S/C SEPARATED BY MORE THAN 15

              So either it is a continued error or there is an issue.

              Regards
              Douglas.
            • g4roa
              Message 6 of 9 , May 16, 2005
                --- In weather-satellite-reports@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Deans"
                <douglas@d...> wrote:
                > Today's updated Weekly Events report from NOAA states (pasted) :-
                >
                > - 16 MAY - 0700Z- END N-12/N-15 VHF CONFLICT. S/C SEPARATED BY MORE
                THAN 15

                > So either it is a continued error or there is an issue.
                >
                > Regards
                > Douglas.
                ===========================
                Hi Douglas,
                I heard it at lunchtime, it was a very low Ele pass, but did not hear
                it this afternoon.

                Regards, Adrian
              • Douglas Deans
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 16, 2005
                  Contrary to reports and web details NOAA have not switched back on NOAA 15's
                  APT. This was due to be done on the 15th December.
                  Watch this space for further information.

                  Regards
                  Douglas.
                • g4roa
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 16, 2005
                    <douglas@d...> wrote:

                    > Contrary to reports and web details NOAA have not switched back on
                    NOAA 15's
                    > APT. This was due to be done on the 15th December.
                    > Watch this space for further information.
                    >
                    > Regards
                    > Douglas.

                    ==================

                    It is ON now @ 20:09z

                    Regards, Adrian
                  • Douglas Deans
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 10, 2006
                      Please note that the planned switch-on of NOAA 15's APT (137.500 MHz) on the
                      9th November, after the recent VHF conflict with NOAA 12, has not yet taken
                      place. There is no information from NOAA on this.
                      Watch this space for updates.

                      Regards
                      Douglas.