Re: A new member

  • LJ
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2008
      Hi Bruce & Ferg!

      I suppose I ought to introduce myself too, been lurking here for the
      last month and a half...

      I have a Military M21 1947 model, hope this will fit in with you other
      guys... I also would like to do the Normandy doo daa later in the year.

      The bike has just had a new barrel fitted and clutch dogs... I must
      have worn the bike out last year covering some 10,000 miles! But its
      all sorted now for the next few years...

      Hope to get a bit more involved here.

      Cheers to one and all.

      LJ.
    • John Tinley
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2008
        Hello LJ and welcome to the group.

        For the Normandy trip in June we stay with the Juno Club of Normandy, which is a French Club.  They have a requirement that all vehicles on site are of the war time period. However, if your bike is basically the same as a WW2 bike and in military trim I am sure we would get away with it.  If it were very definitely post war and/or in civilian trim then they would not accept it on the camp site.  I assume from your description that it is probably restored to look like a WW2 bike? If this is the case then you are very welcome to come and join us.

        Best wishes,

        John Tinley

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2008
          Thanks for the welcome John... I have uploaded a piccie of the M21 for
          you and the group to look at and judge....

          cheers!
          LJ.