Knobs 2007

  • matchlesswdg3
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2007
      Hope everyone returned safely from Normandy and the Tuesday convoys
      went off well. Ed turned up at the camp when you had left and was
      going to catch the Tues ferry but did not arrive, so I guess he liked
      the improving weather and stayed put? Great trip and thanks to all for
      an excellent time - just need a holiday to recover!

      Ferg
    • MICHAEL WILKINS
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hi Ferg,
        Apart from leaders going too fast we had no problems with the convoys.
        The weather turned very grey and breezy on Wednesday, but we all got away from the site in plenty of time, except for poor Bow who was left on his own to make his get away on Thursday. Hopefully his return journey was good. Our crossing was a little bumpy at first but calm later. Playing cards made the crossing much faster, especially as Kev taught us another new Game, and George kept leaving the room - and he's back!
        I hope it will not be too long before the Normandie Old Bike Society meet again.

        Until then ........ NOBS    to you all.
        Mike

        matchlesswdg3 <fergus.anckorn@...> wrote:
        Hope everyone returned safely from Normandy and the Tuesday convoys
        went off well. Ed turned up at the camp when you had left and was
        going to catch the Tues ferry but did not arrive, so I guess he liked
        the improving weather and stayed put? Great trip and thanks to all for
        an excellent time - just need a holiday to recover!

        Ferg

      • JOYCE SANDERS

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2007
            Hi All,

            great to meet you all in Normandy,  i did come back on the same crossing as you Ferg....amazed we did not see each other on the boat.
            Came back early as Operation Bolero has been given a Lottery grant and need to organise spending it !!

            Regards  Ed

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2007
              Hi Andy,

              Ref 16H  . Despite 80,000  plus made they are fairly thin on the ground.
              Seen a couple on E-Bay recently  go for £2500ish  and there is one for sale at Kettering Classics   for £3000,,,part of the Matchless Owners club...01536 511532.

              Otherwise scan the classic bike mags and Old Bike Mart. or contact Norton Owners Club..
              Check out Rob Van Brinks website for how to spot a real one.

              Regards   Ed

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 12, 2007
                  Andy,

                  There was a complete bike on ebay recently that did not sell. Keep looking and I am sure one will turn up.

                  Welcome to our forum.

                  Best wishes,

                  John Tinley