Re: Normandy 2007

  • matchlesswdg3
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
      Thanks, Peter - I emailed John my query regards logistics and any
      issues about car and camping as I want to book ferry ASAP and maybe
      get a better deal? I thought about arriving Normandy Friday 1st and
      heading back on following Tuesday. Ferg

      --- In wdmotorcycles@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Brown" <peter.brown@...>
      wrote:

      > Fergus
      >
      > Good news you will be joining us and it looks like there will be at
      least 10 of us this year.

      > John will be in contact soon with more details
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Peter
      >

      > _____

    • boudewijnvanbeelen
      Message 2 of 11 , May 14 9:59 AM
        Hello,
        I am planning to go to Normandy this year with the WDM20.
        I will stay there in the week 6th of june.
        I hope to join some people who are planning to go there too.
        If so, let me know. I don't have a campsite yet so maybe we can join
        and make a ride.

        Regards Boudewijn.
        email:boudewijn.van.beelen@...
      • John Tinley
        Message 3 of 11 , May 14 10:54 AM
          Hi,  there are 10/12 of us going over on 1st or 2nd June and staying at Hermanville which is just few miles West Ouistreham.  The camp site is behind the Church in the centre of town.  Feel free to come and join us.

          Best wishes,

          John Tinley

          I am planning to go to Normandy this year with the WDM20.
          I will stay there in the week 6th of june.
          I hope to join some people who are planning to go there too.
          If so, let me know. I don't have a campsite yet so maybe we can join
          and make a ride.

          Regards Boudewijn.
          email:boudewijn.van. beelen@xs4all. nl

        • boudewijnvanbeelen
          Message 4 of 11 , May 17 2:39 AM
            Hi John,
            Thank you for inviting me.
            I am happy to join your group in Normandy. Can you please give me the
            adress and some more detail information about the camp site?
            Are you camp in army tents? Do you have a contactperson in your group
            to contact to when I arrive in Normandy?
            Best regards,
            Boudewijn.

            --- In wdmotorcycles@yahoogroups.com, "John Tinley" <tinley@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, there are 10/12 of us going over on 1st or 2nd June and
            staying at Hermanville which is just few miles West Ouistreham. The
            camp site is behind the Church in the centre of town. Feel free to
            come and join us.

            > Best wishes,
            >
            > John Tinley

          • John Tinley
            Message 5 of 11 , May 19 2:33 AM
              Hi Boudewijen,

              The camp site is Hermanville behind the church.  We have not been to this site before but have always stayed before at the Hilman site which is close by.  I do not have a map but just look for the church spire and you will find it.  I will be arriving on Friday 1st but others will arrive on the Saturday.  It is very relaxed and run by the Juno Military Vehicle Club of Normandy.  We have been going for 5/6 years and they always make us very welcome. I guess I am the person that organises it but there is not much to do as you just book the ferry and turn up.  What Country are you coming from?  If you have any problems my mobile number is 07796 264090.  I think you will have to put the code for England in front of the number.  You would be very welcome so do come along.  Most of us are doing the Luc Sur Mer rally on the Sunday and I will need to book a ticket for you if you want to come along.

              Best wishes,

              John Tinley

              wrote:

              > Hi, there are 10/12 of us going over on 1st or 2nd June and
              staying at Hermanville which is just few miles West Ouistreham. The
              camp site is behind the Church in the centre of town. Feel free to
              come and join us.

              > Best wishes,
              >
              > John Tinley

            • boudewijnvanbeelen
              Message 6 of 11 , May 20 3:02 AM
                Hi John,
                Thanks for the reply and your mobile number.
                I live in the Netherlands, in a small village near Rotterdam. I will
                be arriving in Hermanville on Saturday and try to contact you.
                It would be great to join you on Sunday for the Luc sur Mer rally.
                Please book a ticket for me and tell me the costs.I can make a
                payment by bank, or give you the money cash in Normandy.
                Please let me know when planning is change.
                Now only hope for good weather in Normandy.

                wrote:

                > Hi Boudewijen,
                >
                > The camp site is Hermanville behind the church. We have not been
                to this site before but have always stayed before at the Hilman site
                which is close by. I do not have a map but just look for the church
                spire and you will find it. I will be arriving on Friday 1st but
                others will arrive on the Saturday. It is very relaxed and run by
                the Juno Military Vehicle Club of Normandy. We have been going for
                5/6 years and they always make us very welcome. I guess I am the
                person that organises it but there is not much to do as you just book
                the ferry and turn up. What Country are you coming from? If you
                have any problems my mobile number is 07796 264090. I think you will
                have to put the code for England in front of the number. You would
                be very welcome so do come along. Most of us are doing the Luc Sur
                Mer rally on the Sunday and I will need to book a ticket for you if
                you want to come along.

                > Best wishes,
                >

                > John Tinley

              • John Tinley
                Message 7 of 11 , May 22 2:21 PM
                   Hi Boudewijen,

                  I will enter you for the Luc Sur mer rally with us.  I recall that it is about €26 and i will need to know your full name,address, date of birth, make and model of bike, year of manufacture and registration number.  we will pay when we get there so there is no need to send me money.

                  I look forward to seeing you in Normandy.

                  wrote:

                  > Hi Boudewijen,
                  >
                  > The camp site is Hermanville behind the church. We have not been
                  to this site before but have always stayed before at the Hilman site
                  which is close by. I do not have a map but just look for the church
                  spire and you will find it. I will be arriving on Friday 1st but
                  others will arrive on the Saturday. It is very relaxed and run by
                  the Juno Military Vehicle Club of Normandy. We have been going for
                  5/6 years and they always make us very welcome. I guess I am the
                  person that organises it but there is not much to do as you just book
                  the ferry and turn up. What Country are you coming from? If you
                  have any problems my mobile number is 07796 264090. I think you will
                  have to put the code for England in front of the number. You would
                  be very welcome so do come along. Most of us are doing the Luc Sur
                  Mer rally on the Sunday and I will need to book a ticket for you if
                  you want to come along.

                  > Best wishes,
                  >

                  > John Tinley

                • boudewijnvanbeelen
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 23 12:07 PM
                    Hello John,

                    I have send all the info you need to your Yahoo mailbox.
                    If you need more info or didn't recieve the message, please let me
                    know.
                    Thank you in advance and see you in Normany.