tyres

  • lone gunman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      i have been looking for something similiar to wartime tyres , wm2 but
      am having limited success, any suggestions for finding wartime like
      tyres?
    • Henri
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        Someone in a previous email is offering the war
        markings to be glued on the tyre. Chinese tyres have a
        fine thread for the cheap approach. Cooker tyres has
        the Dunlops or used to.

        Henri

        --- lone gunman <pvt237@...> wrote:

        > i have been looking for something similiar to wartime
        > tyres , wm2 but
        > am having limited success, any suggestions for
        > finding wartime like
        > tyres?

        Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
        (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)
      • lone gunman
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
          no success yet , looking for knobbly tyres, found a 2.75 x 19 super
          trail 914, but need a 3.25 x 19 really, spent a lot of time looking
          through tyre pages, theres some which look ok, just slightly the
          wrong size,someone imports military tyres from india but havent
          managed to track it down yet, will keep looking.

          _______________

        • p.brown@research-int.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
            Message
            I have just bought some  3.25 x19 Dunlop K70's, which have a good wartime type tread, for my 1940 G3WO from Tony Etheridge.

            Tony can be contacted on 01923 231699. He also runs a stall at the Kempton Autojumbles.

            Hope this helps
            Peter

            ____________ ___
            > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small
            Business
            > (http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com)

          • Edd
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
              Hi Guys

              The Dunlop (made in Japan )  K70 tyres Peter refers to are available from most retail Tyre outlets...Universal .Ats etc. as thet are listed on the "Computer " !!  and can be ordered.

              Regards Ed

              ____________ ___

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
                yep k70s do the job,was looking for a knobbly offroad type but
                doesnt seem anyone does them, k70 are the best available at mo, have
                a set of wartime tyres but dont plan using them on the road, k70
                tyres are about £34 each at moment so are a fair price as well.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 9, 2006
                  Ref  Tyres,

                  Dunlop in India do a 3.50x 19 that looks the job (just bought two from e-bay )  and i wont know till theyare mounted up if they look to big.
                  The thread pattern is very close to the Dunlop universal and a Firestone equiv.  i have from the 40s.

                  Regards Ed