Re: [wdmotorcycles] G3L WD Grips

  • Edd
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Nigel and Group.

      contact Ian Wright at Ark Motorcycles 01822 840372 about grips and google
      holder.
      I have never seen a google holder on a G3L

      On the subject of webbing grips it should be noted that these appeared on
      WD bikes in the second half of 1942.
      With the fall of Burma and other Rubber producing countries between
      March-May 1942 our rubber supplies dried up.
      Matchless listed Rubber grips up to frame no. 41011 which was May/June 42.
      so check to see if you need them !!
      Incidently the Rubber shortage affected all allied vehicles. For instance
      the Willys Jeep lost its rubber gear lever gaiters for leather equivalents
      at the same time along with a host of other rubber saving options.

      Regards to you all

      Ed Abbott

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi Nigel

        Ian Wright or Arc Motorcycles (01822 840372) re-produces the canvas
        grips as well as other WD bike parts (pannier bags, WD 1944 Lucas
        battery boxes etc). He is also very knowledgeable on the BSA M20 so he
        may be able to answer questions on or supply a goggle holder.

        Some people say he can be difficult to contact but I've never had any
        problems. If you do have problems keep trying the number.

        Tell him that 'G' of the Berkshire arm of the Buckfast mafia sent you.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
          Nigel,

          I fitted the Ark grips and they look pretty good and have lasted
          well, although it has to be said that they are not as practical as
          rubber ones (less grip so you have to grip tighter - hand ache and
          they get filthy orrible!). They are in effect a tube made by glueing
          up a webbing strip - but it works well enough and you position the
          seam out of sight. Some here think this is slightly naff and I have
          heard promises of a fully woven pattern, but yet to see this! I think
          Ian usually attend Stafford (next month) - and I got mine plus his
          excellent pannier bags from him at this event after ringing him the
          week before to order. He also has M20 bits and bobs. Ferg

          --- In wdmotorcycles@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard Cooksley"
          <gcooksley@...> wrote:

          > Hi Nigel
          >
          > Ian Wright or Arc Motorcycles (01822 840372) re-produces the canvas
          > grips as well as other WD bike parts (pannier bags, WD 1944 Lucas
          > battery boxes etc). He is also very knowledgeable on the BSA M20 so
          he
          > may be able to answer questions on or supply a goggle holder.
          >
          > Some people say he can be difficult to contact but I've never had
          any
          > problems. If you do have problems keep trying the number.
          >
          > Tell him that 'G' of the Berkshire arm of the Buckfast mafia sent
          you.

        • Beliossi Giulio
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
            Hi Ferg
            Having folloved the" webbing " story,what kind of telefon number is the one of Ian ? on which land does he live ? may be he has an e-mail address ? ( how many quesions ! ) . I live in Italy and it would be very interesting to know much about webbing : there is a lot of WD bykes here.
            Cheers.
            Giulio

            <gcooksley@...> wrote:

            > Hi Nigel
            >
            > Ian Wright or Arc Motorcycles (01822 840372) re-produces the canvas
            > grips as well as other WD bike parts (pannier bags, WD 1944 Lucas
            > battery boxes etc). He is also very knowledgeable on the BSA M20 so
            he
            > may be able to answer questions on or supply a goggle holder.
            >
            > Some people say he can be difficult to contact but I've never had
            any
            > problems. If you do have problems keep trying the number.
            >
            > Tell him that 'G' of the Berkshire arm of the Buckfast mafia sent
            you.

          • Gerard Cooksley
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

              Hello Giulio

              The number is a UK (+44 1822 840372) number. I don’t think Ian has an e-mail address or a website.

              Gerard

              <gcooksley@...> wrote:

              > Hi Nigel
              >
              > Ian Wright or Arc Motorcycles (01822 840372) re-produces the canvas
              > grips as well as other WD bike parts (pannier bags, WD 1944 Lucas
              > battery boxes etc). He is also very knowledgeable on the BSA M20 so
              he
              > may be able to answer questions on or supply a goggle holder.
              >
              > Some people say he can be difficult to contact but I've never had
              any
              > problems. If you do have problems keep trying the number.
              >
              > Tell him that 'G' of the Berkshire arm of the Buckfast mafia sent
              you.

            • nigel188398
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 7, 2006
                Hi everyone
                Thanks tons for the info, its so good getting help like this. I know
                its a wee thing but its these touches that make all the difference
                when a veteran looks over your bike.

                I'll try him and see

                Thanks again
                Nigel

                <gcooksley@...> wrote:

                > Hello Giulio
                >

                > The number is a UK (+44 1822 840372) number. I don't think Ian has
                an
                > e-mail address or a website.
                >

                > Gerard
                >

                > ________________________________

                t=ms&k=Automotive+advertising&w1=Automotiv

                e+advertising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+company&w
                4=A

                utomotive+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm&c=6&s=1
                58&
                > .sig=-XwlzAe2xUaB2WK4N0A4bg>
                >
                > Automotive lifts
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Automotive+lifts&w1=Automotive+adve

                rtising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+company&w4=Auto
                mot

                ive+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm&c=6&s=158&.si
                g=Q
                > Pk1e79MlidAoF7aDyLf9Q>
                >
                > Automotive advertising company
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Automotive+advertising+company&w1=A

                utomotive+advertising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+c
                omp

                any&w4=Automotive+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm
                &c=
                > 6&s=158&.sig=oDNU6AL6MJH3PlgJkTEfHg>
                >
                > Automotive promotion
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Automotive+promotion&w1=Automotive+

                advertising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+company&w4=
                Aut

                omotive+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm&c=6&s=158
                &.s
                > ig=nt7XcBsYTpEdH9AcvDf2WQ>
                >
                > Motorcycle insurance
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Motorcycle+insurance&w1=Automotive+

                advertising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+company&w4=
                Aut

                omotive+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm&c=6&s=158
                &.s
                > ig=kAeJWLeBB7asGrSrPTLWMA>
                >
                > Automotive crm
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Automotive+crm&w1=Automotive+advert

                ising&w2=Automotive+lifts&w3=Automotive+advertising+company&w4=Automo
                tiv

                e+promotion&w5=Motorcycle+insurance&w6=Automotive+crm&c=6&s=158&.sig=
                sMo
                > 0caGAmEFwjM1kD4w3PQ>

                subject=Unsubscribe>