RE: [wdmotorcycles] 1940 Norton WD 16H Sparkplug

  • p.brown@research-int.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
      I have been informed that the wartime plug was a KLG M80 and a modern
      equivalent is a NGK A8
      Hope this helps
      Peter

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
        Peter & Rob,

        Thank you very much for this information I will now try to source
        the modern replacement. I have downloaded a lot of useful
        information from the website but I didn't get a reply to my query
        when I posted it in the forum.

        Does anyone know where I can obtain the rear brake torque arm? I
        have just won a 1943 parts catalogue on E-Bay so I should be able to
        give the part number soon. If not can someone supply a picture so I
        can make my own.

        Regards.

        Mac.
      • clannad148
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
          Rob,

          I think I do mean the rear brake cam lever. I will not know for
          certain until my parts list book arrives. If you would be so kind as
          to send me a picture and the dimensions in millimeters I will be able
          to fabricate one.

          As soon as the parts list arrives I will check to see if it is one
          you do not have and send you a photocopy or place a copy in PDF or
          JPG format on my Website.

          Regards.

          Mac.
        • Rob van Meel
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005

            Hi Excellent site on WD-16H’s: http://home.tiscali.nl/wd16h/

            Including some info on spark plugs!

            Rob

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005

              Do you mean: rear brake cam lever Norton LV7/NC 3400

              I may have one laying around the place.

              On your new sparse list: When you say 1943, what contract is it?

              I have repros of spares lists of the following contracts:

              C5612 (Frame W7000-10999)

              C7353 (Frame W26001-43000)

              C9062 (Frame: 43001-44893)

              C11082 (Frame W60001-70000)

              C12426 (Frame W70001-76000)

              C14498 (Frame: W78001-83000)

              If yours is a different one, would you do me a photocopy?

              WDRob

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                Rob,

                The parts list arrived and it is not an army parts list. It is
                stamped "National Fire Service 14 Jul 1943 Div "D" H.Q. Area 14".
                It states that it is a parts list for all models. The part I need
                for the brake is described as "9522 Rear brake plate torque arm".

                In the future I will also require a chain guard front mudguard
                stays, front stand, rear mudguard stays and the bolts that attach
                the handlebar clamps. The other parts I can order from the Norton
                Owners Club GB.

                If my bike is dated from 1940 should it have 1 inch bars?

                Would you still like a copy of the spares list?

                Regards.

                Mac.
              • clannad148
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                  Rob,

                  I will scan the parts list tonight and copy tomorrow to send to you.
                  Its looks like a copy of a pre-war one but it should have all the
                  information I need.

                  Regards.

                  Mac.
                • A.R.Schmidt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                    Yes it's a nice one, had it for years ! there are some more volumes, can't find them at the moment.

                    Is anyone going to Ruffort Yorks. next saturday ? I'll be there with Paul Mellor, the man with the chequered hat.

                    Lex Schmidt