XXX Corps reenactment sept 2014 Belgium/Holland

  • mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hi Guys

      Has anybody spotted a forthcoming event in 2014 for a XXX corps reenactment through Belgium and Holland Sept 2014.

      I met one of the organisers and he is looking for Don R's on British marked WW2 bikes as part of a recreation of the XXX Corps convoy through Belgium and Holland.

      Have a look on http://xxxcorps.wix.com/operation70

      It looks and sounds interesting.
      I will be doing it with 43rd Recce History group.

      Regards

      Mike
    • Edd - Abbott Racing Motorsport
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013

        Mike

        sounds a great event...  JT and i rode that route a few years ago....

        I have offered my services to the event..

        Cheers

        Ed

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
          Hi Ed,

          It sounds like a good event, short bite size rides each day passing through the towns on route, think he/they are planning  on a mock battle on one of the bridges on the way, his organising partner on this seems to be well connected with the authorities over there and is sorting all the permits, campsites, road closures etc.

          If you know anybody with british marked vehicles can you please pass this on,(even yank stuff that the brits used)
          I have no connection with this guy apart from the fact that he mentioned that he was visiting his daughter who lives in the same town as I live in, so met up with him last night.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
            Hi Mike,
            I'm booked in and getting the uniform and RE CO ready!
            Dave Morse