Parts list project - update 1st Jan 2011

  • Simon Warner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      All,
      The project to compile a complete, combined, spare parts list for the G3WO and G3L WD machines is proceeding well. So far the information from some 15 contracts has been collated onto one database. Two further lists are on their way to me (thanks Rob). The aim is to provide a history of the development of these machines which were so important during the war. We are however still searching for the last remaining lists to add to the database. I know that I've asked before but then maybe you are reading this for the first time and maybe, just maybe, you are in possession of these elusive spares lists. Please have a look at your stash and see if you have any covering the following contracts;

      C4608 - this was the first G3WO contract and was for 340 machines.
      C7373 - this was an odd contract which was perhaps just for 1 G3WO machine
      C8078 - again for G3WO. Specificaly we are after the separate C8078 spares list (we have a copy of the combined list). This is known to exist as we have a front cover... but only that page!

      CS11462 - a G3L contract for 500 machines

      We would also like to extend the project into covering the 39-G3WO but have only a part copy of one spares list. If anyone can help with this or indeed has any other information that you think relevant to the project we would love to hear from you.

      Eventually, when this work is complete, it will be available for everyone to use - please take the time to check the lists you have so we can make this as comprehensive a database as possible.

      Cheers, Happy New Year to you all,
      Simon