Re: Footnotes in HTML?

  • Peter-Paul Koch
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10 7:11 AM
      >Thanks, PPK. Sounds easy enough!
      >Now, one other trick. Someone gave us the URL for eFAX.
      >http://www.efax.com/index.html
      >
      >Their page is interesting in that it swipes from left to right
      >when it loads. Is there a script for that? I did not see it in
      >the source...maybe I missed it. Thanks.

      I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel. When it loads,
      you get the swiping effect (far more on the Mac than on PC). This is
      usually a pretty nasty effect that you want to get rid of ASAP, but I agree
      it's kind of OK on this site.

      The scripts are just for preloading and image swapping.

      ppk
    • Peter-Paul Koch
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 10 7:12 AM
        >I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel.

        Sorry, the height can't be 1 pixel, but I guess the width is.

        ppk
      • Jim Hawkins
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 10 7:21 AM
          Thanks again. I think you must be correct. One pixel sweeping across
          the page makes sense. Neat!

          Jim Hawkins
          ============
          Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

          > From: Peter-Paul Koch <ppk@...>
          >
          > >I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel.
          >
          > Sorry, the height can't be 1 pixel, but I guess the width is.
          >
          > ppk
        • Gary Bland
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 10 7:26 AM
            At 08:39 AM 3/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
            >From: Jim Hawkins <JimHawkins@...>
            >
            >Good idea, Jon. Thanks for the tip. Who can tell me what the code is
            >for closing the popup window? I'd like to include that on the popup
            >window on my homepage: see below.
            >Jim Hawkins
            >
            >Jon Harding wrote:
            >> Another way of approaching it may be to use a small popup window - no >
            >title,buttons etc - containing the footnote and a close button.

            I put onBlur="window.close() in the body tag.

            Gary

            Gary Bland
            Webmaster
            StarChaser Web Design