Re: Footnotes in HTML?

  • Peter-Paul Koch
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10, 1999
      >Thanks, PPK. Sounds easy enough!
      >Now, one other trick. Someone gave us the URL for eFAX.
      >http://www.efax.com/index.html
      >
      >Their page is interesting in that it swipes from left to right
      >when it loads. Is there a script for that? I did not see it in
      >the source...maybe I missed it. Thanks.

      I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel. When it loads,
      you get the swiping effect (far more on the Mac than on PC). This is
      usually a pretty nasty effect that you want to get rid of ASAP, but I agree
      it's kind of OK on this site.

      The scripts are just for preloading and image swapping.

      ppk
    • Volker Schoech
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 10, 1999
        On NN4.5/WinNT4, it doesn't swipe.
        V.

        --
        Volker C. Schoech
        Hamburg-Trier, Germany - schoech@...
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 10, 1999
          >I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel.

          Sorry, the height can't be 1 pixel, but I guess the width is.

          ppk
        • Jim Hawkins
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 10, 1999
            Thanks again. I think you must be correct. One pixel sweeping across
            the page makes sense. Neat!

            Jim Hawkins
            ============
            Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

            > From: Peter-Paul Koch <ppk@...>
            >
            > >I guess it's because the background is a .gif of 1x1 pixel.
            >
            > Sorry, the height can't be 1 pixel, but I guess the width is.
            >
            > ppk
          • Gary Bland
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 10, 1999
              At 08:39 AM 3/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
              >From: Jim Hawkins <JimHawkins@...>
              >
              >Good idea, Jon. Thanks for the tip. Who can tell me what the code is
              >for closing the popup window? I'd like to include that on the popup
              >window on my homepage: see below.
              >Jim Hawkins
              >
              >Jon Harding wrote:
              >> Another way of approaching it may be to use a small popup window - no >
              >title,buttons etc - containing the footnote and a close button.

              I put onBlur="window.close() in the body tag.

              Gary

              Gary Bland
              Webmaster
              StarChaser Web Design