Video Cards

  • Jerry Lemons
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2010
      My Nvidia 7300gt has a fan that has died. I ordered a new gtx 460 and
      installed and saw no performance improvements in rendering in time or
      quality. After a week the card failed, so in conversations to replace it
      again with EVGA, I asked:

      Will a video card have much impact on rendering speed in VNS3 or are theses
      cards just for gamers?

      He seemed to think I probably would see no improvement.

      For $38 I can have a replacement 7300 or $200 gets me another gtx460. Does
      only CPU makes a difference in rendering time?

      What do you experts with VNS say?

      Many thanks

      Warmest regards,

      Jerry