The 2008 NSF/AAAS Visualization Challenge, Share Your Vision - Share The Rewards

  • Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008
      WCS/VNS Scientific users have an excellent chance of winning this if they enter,
      previous years have seen 3D Nature users win. Even if _you_ don't think your work is
      worthy, you should enter.

      The 2008 NSF / AAAS Visualization Challenge
      Share Your Vision – Share The Rewards

      Show us what you see: let us peer through your camera's lens, stand over your drawing
      table, sit before your computer screen. Teach us what we don't know: bend time and space,
      eliminate the noise, articulate the essential. This is your opportunity to create a
      science or engineering visualization that elegantly reveals and explains our world. This
      is your chance to achieve the recognition you and your team deserve.
      Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge.

      The 2008 International Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge is co-sponsored by
      the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the journal Science, published by the American
      Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

      Awards categories include: Photographs/Pictures, Illustrations/Drawings,
      Informational/Explanatory Graphics, Interactive Media, and Non-Interactive Media.

      Winning entries will be published in a special section of the September 26, 2008 issue of
      the journal Science and Science Online and on NSF's website. One winning entry will appear
      on the front cover of Science.
      For more information, see: http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/scivis

      National Science Foundation
      4201 Wilson Blvd.
      Room 1245
      Arlington, VA 22230

      Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge.

      --
      Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
      "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,