Knickerbocker Battle of the Brews

  • KenHettinger
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
      I anyone entering beers and if so I would like to get my beers there also. I will be going but can't get to a drop off in time unless someone is dropping off their beers.
      Ken
    • Lee Jacobson
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
        Contact judge coordinator. He's letting me bring mine with me.

        --
        Sent from my mobile device
      • hetken1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
          I emailed him a little while ago. Thanks.  Are you considering staying at my place? And are you brewing this Saturday?
          Ken

          --
          Sent from my mobile device
        • Lee Jacobson
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
            I'd love to stay at your place!

            I'm 90% brewing this Saturday (all-grain bitter).  It's ultimately a question of whether or not I have to work, which I don't believe I will have to do.

            --
            Sent from my mobile device

          • hetken1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
              Give me a call to work out the logistics for Knick--------9492010

              --
              Sent from my mobile device

            • Phil
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
                Forwarding a message:
                Hi All,

                This is the first Call for Judges and Stewards for the 17th Knickerbocker Battle of the Brews, to be held November 9th at the Albany Pump Station/C. H. Evans Brewery. We are back this year, bigger than ever, with more prizes for entrants and judges/stewards! Prizes will include our usual cash awards for top three in Best of Show, and will also include opportunities for you to brew with professional brewers on their system (5 breweries and counting!), and select winners will be asked to help scale up and brew their winning entries for entry in the Great American Beer Festival's Pro-Am Competition! We will also hold our raffle during the Best of Show round, with many great prizes. Lunch will be catered by the Albany Pump Station/C. H. Evans Brewery, and a light breakfast will be provided prior to the start of judging.
                As always, you may carry your entries to the competition, but ONLY if they have been pre-registered by the entry deadline. Go to: http://www.thoroughbrews.com/ for entry details and forms, and up-to-date info on drop-off points and shipping info. Please contact me at: gregskegs@... or at: judges@... to register to judge or steward.
              • Steve
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 26, 2013
                  Hey Phil
                  Noob here but what's a steward? And are their requirements? What about for judge? And can I do either if I want to enter my American ale?thx
                  Steve
                  I swear ill make a meeting soon!!!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 26, 2013
                    A steward is a great learning experience for new homebrewers.  Essentially, you bring beers from the bottle pit to the judges and make sure that the scoresheets have been properly filled.  While doing this, you get to listen to the judges critique the beers and taste them.  Very educational!

                    If you enter any beers, you cannot steward for that category.