September Meeting Hops Discussion.

  • neptunebrew
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2008
      I volunteered to give a talk on hops this month----unfortunately at the
      time I did not realize that it would conflict with a scheduled trip.
      I will be happy to move this discussion to October. Perhaps the
      October discussion could be moved up.

      My apologies to all. Chris Kulk
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2008
        I spoke wit Eric the other night. I believe he can speak about
        stouts at next week's meeting.

        Speaking of next meting, if anyone would like to me to deliver any
        supplies or ingredients from Maltose Express, call the shop by next
        Tuesday and place your order.

        Phil

        --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, "neptunebrew" <neptunebrew@...>
        wrote:

        > I volunteered to give a talk on hops this month----unfortunately at
        the
        > time I did not realize that it would conflict with a scheduled
        trip.
        > I will be happy to move this discussion to October. Perhaps the
        > October discussion could be moved up.
        >
        > My apologies to all. Chris Kulk

      • Eric Freberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2008
          Hi,
          Yes I'm talking Stouts but we also need a technical topic.

          The Oct topic was going to be Yeast Starters, the 'SME' is Gorf. Gorf, are you going to be at Sept meeting and if so, would you be ready to talk Yeast Starters by then?

          Here is the schedule I had - been meaning to email this out.

          September - Stouts (me) and Hops (Chris K - switch to Oct?)
          October - Munich Dark (Adam, Greg) and Yeast Starters (Gorf  - switch to Sept? )
          November - Brown Ale (Kevin) and Enzyme Conversion (Andy P)
          December, we were going to discuss style guidelines.

          Also FYI the 4th Wednesday in December is Christmas Eve, so I guess we'd better reschedule that.

          BTW - I am going to Chelsea Brewing Co (Cask Ale Fest) on Friday night. Last one was excellent, I recommend it.

          See you then, or Wednesday (hopefully both).

          Eric Freberg