Mashing Time

  • hetken
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      While the grain is in the mashtun; German Pilsner/Wheat/Aromatic/Oats, I thought I would check my mail and send some.
      The Pumpernickle Stout is conditioning nicely -- yum, I will bring some next meeting.. The Belgian Ale is doing well also.
      Tonight will be orange-coriander-ginger.
      What do you all have brewing?
      Ken

      I'm thinking of having a brewfest in my yard (Yonkers)in October, maybe the 10th 17th. Who may is interested in brewing?
    • Brett Danahy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        Sounds great Ken!

        I think we lost our first all grain batch to infection - apparently looks like lacto. It was an imperial porter.

        We are going to let the lacto run its course and see if we can't make our self a imperial smoked porter sour. Might get it on top of some bourbon soaked oak chips and add some cherries or something. Not sure what else to do.

        --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, "hetken" <hetken1@...> wrote:

        > While the grain is in the mashtun; German Pilsner/Wheat/Aromatic/Oats, I thought I would check my mail and send some.
        > The Pumpernickle Stout is conditioning nicely -- yum, I will bring some next meeting.. The Belgian Ale is doing well also.
        > Tonight will be orange-coriander-ginger.
        > What do you all have brewing?
        > Ken
        >
        > I'm thinking of having a brewfest in my yard (Yonkers)in October, maybe the 10th 17th. Who may is interested in brewing?

      • Ian Passingham
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          I'm waiting to bottle a Belgian Pale Ale that I brewed a couple of weeks ago from a recipe in a recent Zymurgy. Next brew is a nut brown ale, but I'm still in domestic negotiations for a brew day on that one :-)

          Cheers,
          Ian

          2009/8/3 Brett Danahy <bdanahy14@...>

          Sounds great Ken!

          I think we lost our first all grain batch to infection - apparently looks like lacto. It was an imperial porter.

          We are going to let the lacto run its course and see if we can't make our self a imperial smoked porter sour. Might get it on top of some bourbon soaked oak chips and add some cherries or something. Not sure what else to do.

          --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, "hetken" <hetken1@...> wrote:

          > While the grain is in the mashtun; German Pilsner/Wheat/Aromatic/Oats, I thought I would check my mail and send some.
          > The Pumpernickle Stout is conditioning nicely -- yum, I will bring some next meeting.. The Belgian Ale is doing well also.
          > Tonight will be orange-coriander-ginger.
          > What do you all have brewing?
          > Ken
          >
          > I'm thinking of having a brewfest in my yard (Yonkers)in October, maybe the 10th 17th. Who may is interested in brewing?

        • michael katz
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009

            I’d be up for that.

            Just finished a Dubbel. Efficiency was low at around 62%. Not sure why this happened since I’m now crushing my own grain, using 5.2, etc. I may run my grains through the mil 2x next time. Next up is a Tripel, followed by a a brown ale and then a stout. Kids are at camp for the next 3 weeks so I’m getting my brewing in while I can.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
              I think we're due for another group brew. Thanks Ken.

              Phil