Re: Next Meeting

  • Tos Crawford
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2009
      Tos was to talk about Bret.

      However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

      If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

      --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@...> wrote:

      > Isn't it Tos??
      >
      > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
      > > him with any info that may be helpful
      > > KenH

    • Phil
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 8, 2009
        Doctor's note?  I want to see bloodwork!

        Phil

      • hetken1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2009
          How about a meeting on Belgian Beer.  We could buy and share the cost of samples of the "standards". I will do some notes from this book I have been reading and you )Phil) could talk about your trip
          Ken

          Doctor's note?  I want to see bloodwork!

          Phil

          However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

          If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

          --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@. ..> wrote:

          > Isn't it Tos??
          >
          > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@... > wrote:
          > >

          > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
          > > him with any info that may be helpful
          > > KenH

        • Jonathan Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
            He really is ill, that much I can vouch for.

            In fact Scott's brewery is taking a severe hit as a result. Check the books if you wish to confirm. :-)

            As for topics....do we want to stick with beer, or could we venture into the unknown with distillation (from a purely educational standpoint of course).

            ________________________________

            However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

            If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

            --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@. ..> wrote:

            > Isn't it Tos??
            >
            > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@... > wrote:
            > >

            > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
            > > him with any info that may be helpful
            > > KenH

          • Phil
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
              I could bring some cordials that I made.  Go over that briefly.

              Phil

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

              If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

              --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@. ..> wrote:

              > Isn't it Tos??
              >
              > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@... > wrote:
              > >

              > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
              > > him with any info that may be helpful
              > > KenH

            • Phil
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
                I don't think that we should pick any particular theme on such short notice.  Everyone should have time to brew a beer to go with the meeting's style.

                BTW, is anyone speaking in August?

                Phil

                How about a meeting on Belgian Beer.  We could buy and share the cost of samples of the "standards". I will do some notes from this book I have been reading and you )Phil) could talk about your trip
                Ken

                Doctor's note?  I want to see bloodwork!

                Phil

                However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

                If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

                --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@. ..> wrote:

                > Isn't it Tos??
                >
                > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@... > wrote:
                > >

                > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
                > > him with any info that may be helpful
                > > KenH

              • Ian Passingham
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
                  I'd vote for this idea. I work close to Whole Foods at Houston/Bowery where they have an excellent selection (Westmalle etc.), so if we come up with a list of the 'standards' I may be able to get some of them.

                  Ian

                • hetken1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
                    What is the meetings style?
                    At the last meeting is was extblished that August would be for the Pale Ale "Yeast" tasting/discussion.
                    Why don't you bring some of the Belgian "stash" you brought back?  hehe

                    I don't think that we should pick any particular theme on such short notice.  Everyone should have time to brew a beer to go with the meeting's style.

                    BTW, is anyone speaking in August?

                    Phil

                    How about a meeting on Belgian Beer.  We could buy and share the cost of samples of the "standards". I will do some notes from this book I have been reading and you )Phil) could talk about your trip
                    Ken

                    Doctor's note?  I want to see bloodwork!

                    Phil

                    However, I've got to cancel my presentation due to illness. I can bring in a doctor's note if you need it :)

                    If someone can volunteeer to present something? Anything?

                    --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Matthew Friefeld <mfriefeld@. ..> wrote:

                    > Isn't it Tos??
                    >
                    > On 6/29/09, hetken <hetken1@... > wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Who is doing the "Brett" unit for the next meeting? Maybe we could email
                    > > him with any info that may be helpful
                    > > KenH

                  • Phil
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
                      Tos was supposed to talk about Brett; not really a style but a subject.

                      Phil