RE: [wchomebrew] Dry Yeast buy

  • Noah Pearce
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 3:06 PM

      Oops, bumpy train ride, pressed send
      How is what we are doing not exactly what you said: planning ahead and getting a little price break. I guess it that I'm not doing it through..?

      -noah

      On May 6, 2013 6:02 PM, "Noah Pearce" <noah.m.pearce@...> wrote:

      John, you crack me up with your disclaimer.
      How is what we are doing not exactly what we are doing planning ahead

      -noah

      On May 6, 2013 5:03 PM, "John Fix 3rd" <john3@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from John Fix 3rd included below]

      <disclaimer> - I am not trying to drum up business or spam the forum with
      ads. Just providing some information on bulk purchases that likely applies
      no matter what shop you frequent.</disclaimer>

      FYI most shops will give you a better price on items they order in
      specifically for you, especially for bulk purchases. We sell the US-05 and
      the S-04 for $2.50 per pack when purchased in boxes of 38. We rarely have
      over 38 in stock, but can get it in fairly quickly as we place orders
      weekly. Same is true for bags of grain. If you're willing to wait a week
      then most shops will give you a better price, sometimes a really good price.
      If the shop is stocking the product then they'll need to have a higher price
      to cover the day-to-day business costs, so expect to pay for the convenience
      of walking in and grabbing a 55lb bag of grain the day before you're brewing
      your big batch. Always best to plan ahead, and you will save lots of money
      that way no matter who you buy from.

      John

      Message 2 of 3 , May 7 4:59 AM

        Just pointing it out as some members of the forum may not know that shops will offer better prices on special orders or bulk purchases even if it’s not via a pooled order.

        Coincidentally, about a week ago a club member emailed me to get a price for 38 packets of the dry yeast and I quoted him our standard $2.50 per pack when buying 38.  So when I saw your post offering them for $2.63 a pack I thought that perhaps people might not know that special pricing is out there for the asking even when it’s not posted on a forum.  I really don’t care where the business is directed, when selling in bulk at those special prices the shops make very little money on the order.  Very few people are in the brew shop business to become millionaires, it’s mostly about helping grow the hobby and supporting fellow home brewers who share your passion for brewing beer.

        John