Keg Question

  • jeffkornfeld
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
      Hi All...hope you are doing well and that life is getting back to normal.

      I am going on a road trip next weekend with a 5 gallon keg that will be cold when I leave and wanted to get your thoughts on how to keep the beer cold until we kill it (sometime Saturday)? It is my first keg and I do not have any other equipment to transport/chill the beer.

      I am hoping for a low tech, low cost solution.

      Thanks,

      Jeff
    • Jonathan Moxey

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
          I've seen people take a ten gallon igloo cooler (the cylindrical kind) and cut a hole in the top just the right size to slide a keg in.  Put a keg in it and fill it with ice and place the lid on it.  You can serve without taking the lid off and it stays cold a long long time.

          Phil

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
              Thanks Phil...another good idea!

              Jeff