Re: Home Brewers Survey

  • k.keller8
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      It appears that the list could be from the last century. Ramapo Valley Ruffians has not been in existence for quite some time and for the last 2 or 3 years has been officially known as Defiant Homebrewers , which also is not on the list. The AHAs list has been updated more frequently and includes WHO, Defiant and Northern Westchester, plus several more than the "Beer Info" website.

      Ken

      --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, Richie <radepalma@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, I came across this link which purports to list every Nre York State Homebrewers club. And it list everyone that I know --EXCEPT OURS!!!!!!
      >
      > WTF
      >
      > http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/homebrewclubNY.html
      >
      > Brew Free,
      >
      > Richie
      >
      > WESTCHESTER HOMEBREWERS ORGANIZATION (WHO)
      > NEW YORK CITY HOMEBREWERS GUILD (NYCHG)
      >
      > On tap: Bohemian Pilsner, Honey Blonde Ale
      > In the fermenter: Belgian Dark Strong, Special Saison
      > On deck: Robust Porter, American IPA, Hefeweizen
      >

      > > .

    • vlad.kowalyk
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        I'm afraid that i'll sound like a dick, but I'll say it anyway:  Who cares what www.beerinfo.com has on some list?  Never heard of the site and probably most homebrewers on the planet haven't either.

        I think a more interesting question is why the New York State Homebrewer of the Year website (http://www.nyshoty.org/) doesn't list the WHO or the Northern Westchester club?

        --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, Richie <radepalma@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys, I came across this link which purports to list every Nre York State Homebrewers club. And it list everyone that I know --EXCEPT OURS!!!!!!
        >
        > WTF
        >
        > http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/homebrewclubNY.html
        >
        > Brew Free,
        >
        > Richie
        >
        > WESTCHESTER HOMEBREWERS ORGANIZATION (WHO)
        > NEW YORK CITY HOMEBREWERS GUILD (NYCHG)
        >
        > On tap: Bohemian Pilsner, Honey Blonde Ale
        > In the fermenter: Belgian Dark Strong, Special Saison
        > On deck: Robust Porter, American IPA, Hefeweizen
        >

        > > .

      • Richard De Palma
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          Vlad, you don't sound like a dick -- your observation is correct.  I wasn't focused so much on this site, but just on visibility for the club generally.

          by the way, I only come upon this site when I was trying to find the new NYCHG website, which didn't come up in a google search.

          > Hey guys, I came across this link which purports to list every Nre York State Homebrewers club. And it list everyone that I know --EXCEPT OURS!!!!!!
          >
          > WTF
          >
          > http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/homebrewclubNY.html
          >
          > Brew Free,
          >
          > Richie
          >
          > WESTCHESTER HOMEBREWERS ORGANIZATION (WHO)
          > NEW YORK CITY HOMEBREWERS GUILD (NYCHG)
          >
          > On tap: Bohemian Pilsner, Honey Blonde Ale
          > In the fermenter: Belgian Dark Strong, Special Saison
          > On deck: Robust Porter, American IPA, Hefeweizen
          >

          > > .

        • Chris Cuzme
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            Www.nychomebrew.com

            --
            Chris Cuzme
            Prez, The New York City Homebrewers Guild

            From: Richard De Palma <radepalma@...>
            Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:28:54 -0800 (PST)
            To: "wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com" <wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [wchomebrew] Re: Home Brewers Survey

            Vlad, you don't sound like a dick -- your observation is correct.  I wasn't focused so much on this site, but just on visibility for the club generally.

            by the way, I only come upon this site when I was trying to find the new NYCHG website, which didn't come up in a google search.

            > Hey guys, I came across this link which purports to list every Nre York State Homebrewers club. And it list everyone that I know --EXCEPT OURS!!!!!!
            >
            > WTF
            >
            > http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/homebrewclubNY.html
            >
            > Brew Free,
            >
            > Richie
            >
            > WESTCHESTER HOMEBREWERS ORGANIZATION (WHO)
            > NEW YORK CITY HOMEBREWERS GUILD (NYCHG)
            >
            > On tap: Bohemian Pilsner, Honey Blonde Ale
            > In the fermenter: Belgian Dark Strong, Special Saison
            > On deck: Robust Porter, American IPA, Hefeweizen
            >

            > > .

          • Eric Freberg
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
              I'll look into how we register with nyshoty.

              That other thing was an old pull from AHA. I estimate 2005 based on the MBAS contact name. Shameful how people don't update their websites.

              Another thing is that their club list is not only clubs. I recognize a few retail stores probably looking for free listings, and I imagine many defunct clubs as well.
              It's all good.

              Sent from my iPhone