TAP New York

  • Matthew Friefeld
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
      Has anyone given any thought to hiring a bus to go to TAP NY?? I
      suppose we'd need 20-30 people to make it worthwhile.
      Otherwise, maybe someone has a friend or spouse willing to be
      designated driver for a van full of drinkers. I understand that there
      is a designated driver discount ticket for the festival that includes
      food but no alcoholic beverages.
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
        We briefly discussed it at the last meeting and Kevin and I briefly discussed it over the weekend.  So here's the important question:  who is interested in attending.

        Before you reply back YES YES YES PICK ME PICK ME I WANNA GO!!!, take the folowing into consideration: THe ticket to get in the door will run $59 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday.  And figure another $40-50 for the bus.  Group sale tickets are too restrictive to realy discuss.

        A slightly cheaper alternative would be to get a small passenger van, but we would need a designated driver.  These generally seat 15 people (plus driver). The executive mini-bus generally sits 22 people.  A big ass bus sits 40; his would be the cheapest way, per person, if we fill all the seats.

        I ask that everyone sit and think about this before replying.

        Phil

      • KenHettinger
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
          Count me in

          --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, Phil <dogglebe@...> wrote:

          > We briefly discussed it at the last meeting and Kevin and I briefly discussed it over the weekend.  So here's the important question:  who is interested in attending.
          >
          > Before you reply back YES YES YES PICK ME PICK ME I WANNA GO!!!, take the folowing into consideration: THe ticket to get in the door will run $59 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday.  And figure another $40-50 for the bus.  Group sale tickets are too restrictive to realy discuss.
          >
          > A slightly cheaper alternative would be to get a small passenger van, but we would need a designated driver.  These generally seat 15 people (plus driver). The executive mini-bus generally sits 22 people.  A big ass bus sits 40; his would be the cheapest way, per person, if we fill all the seats.
          >
          > I ask that everyone sit and think about this before replying.
          >

          > Phil

        • EdwardG
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
            Another possiblity: Last year Peekskill Brewery rented a large bus. It was lost of fun, had a keg on bus and all. They are considering doing again, so its another option. I will try to get more info this week, or at least before this months meeting.

            --- In wchomebrew@yahoogroups.com, Phil <dogglebe@...> wrote:

            > We briefly discussed it at the last meeting and Kevin and I briefly discussed it over the weekend.  So here's the important question:  who is interested in attending.
            >
            > Before you reply back YES YES YES PICK ME PICK ME I WANNA GO!!!, take the folowing into consideration: THe ticket to get in the door will run $59 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday.  And figure another $40-50 for the bus.  Group sale tickets are too restrictive to realy discuss.
            >
            > A slightly cheaper alternative would be to get a small passenger van, but we would need a designated driver.  These generally seat 15 people (plus driver). The executive mini-bus generally sits 22 people.  A big ass bus sits 40; his would be the cheapest way, per person, if we fill all the seats.
            >
            > I ask that everyone sit and think about this before replying.
            >

            > Phil

          • Phil
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
              This is something to consider; let someone else do the work.  Do you know what they charged?

              Phil

              Another possiblity: Last year Peekskill Brewery rented a large bus. It was lost of fun, had a keg on bus and all. They are considering doing again, so its another option. I will try to get more info this week, or at least before this months meeting.

              --- In wchomebrew@yahoogro ups.com, Phil <dogglebe@.. .> wrote:

              > We briefly discussed it at the last meeting and Kevin and I briefly discussed it over the weekend.  So here's the important question:  who is interested in attending.
              >
              > Before you reply back YES YES YES PICK ME PICK ME I WANNA GO!!!, take the folowing into consideration: THe ticket to get in the door will run $59 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday.  And figure another $40-50 for the bus.  Group sale tickets are too restrictive to realy discuss.
              >
              > A slightly cheaper alternative would be to get a small passenger van, but we would need a designated driver.  These generally seat 15 people (plus driver). The executive mini-bus generally sits 22 people.  A big ass bus sits 40; his would be the cheapest way, per person, if we fill all the seats.
              >
              > I ask that everyone sit and think about this before replying.
              >

              > Phil

            • EdwardG
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 11, 2010
                I think it was $20 for the bus/beer.