Re: [wchomebrew] January group brew

  • ian.passingham@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
      I'll vote for the imperial stout if we're using Scott's tank for primary.

      Cheers,
      Ian

      Sent from my iPod

      On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:40 AM, dreynold@... wrote:

      I'm for the Imp. Stout. I'll go for all grain.

      Dave

    • hetken1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
        Good thinking Lee.  This could be a good opportunity for all of us to increase out knowledge of the mashing process.
        Ken

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
          Just brewed a stout so I'll cast my vote for Belgian.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
            Hey Mike,  This will not be ready till late next year.  Hopefully you will have finished your stout by then.  hehe
            Ken

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
              what kind of stout did you brew?  We'll be talking about stouts in February.

              Phil

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                Phil  I will brew an Oatmeal Stout for February.
                Ken

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Me too.  And a foreign extra stout.

                  Does anyone want to talk in February?

                  Phil

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                    It's a kit I got from B3 called Silk Stout. It's supposedly a cross between a dry and sweet stout with lots of oats for smoothness. Came out very nice. I"ll bring some to the next meeting.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                      Good point.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                        I'd vote for Imperial Stout and all grain but will go with the majority. Very democratic.

                        Just for info, I've been at Seibel for the last two days in Chicago for a brewery course run by Ray Daniels. Speakers have included Randy Mosher, Greg Koch (Stone), Jonathan Cutler (Piece), the brewers from Goose Island, Emmets, Two Brothers, and a federal enforcement officer. It's been awesome. I met people from across the country and (surprisingly) Trinidad (including the manager for Carib).

                        I recommend the experience to anyone, no matter their aspirations.

                        Richie

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:58 PM, michael katz <mkatz12@...> wrote:

                        Good point.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 6, 2009
                          I'm in for either stout or strong ale w/ all grain with some extract to ensure gravity target.

                                                                                                               Bob