Re: [wccusdtalk] Email from Fred Stewart and budget fact sheet

  • SarahCreeley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2003
      When my group, Friends of Franklin Canyon, was responding to the Draft
      Environmental Impact Report, which was over a thousand pages, we broke it into
      sections; I did schools and recreation, someone else did traffic, etc., It was an
      effective way for us to make the task more doable. I'm willing to help with
      this.

      LOVE,
      Sarah

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
        Yes, the $14 million was out before the May revise.
        Just to let everyone know, I attended the town hall
        meeting with assemblyman canciamilla and he stated the
        May revision may need to be thrown out. He is on the
        budget committee and is in the middle of all the
        finances. I think the picture is bleak, but if we
        continue to speak up to our state officials maybe they
        will do their job and pass the budget on time!
        Tammy
        P.S. My 11 year old got up with four of his friends
        and told Canciamilla to please get the budget passed
        on time because he didn't want to lose anymore
        teachers than we were already losing. I was very
        proud and sometimes it takes a child to make a point!

        --- hbean542000 <hbean54@...> wrote:
        > I received an email from Fred Stewart who said that
        > the $14 million in
        > cuts was based on the Governor's May revised budget.
        > I was sure that
        > the $14 million number was out there before the May
        > revised. Can
        > anyone enlighten me on this point?
        >
        > Also I think it might be helful to develop a fact
        > sheet on the budget
        > as we see it. I would be happy to collaborate with
        > someone to do that.

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • morganlove2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
          I think a Fact Sheet is definitely in order on the budget...and also
          to track what has been brought in and out of the budget since they
          first proposed one. Also tracking what they said re: Fred Stewart's
          $14 million (I know it was definitely spoken about in the Board
          meeting I attended--I think it was May 7...help me people...

          I'd be happy to help out, but I am crappy with numbers and cannot
          read any of their spreadsheets. But I can type or create a list, and
          get together and discuss the creation of it if need be...

          And also, some more tracking of the reserve fund balances, the way
          that Richard Lou has been doing might be helpful. Additionally, I
          think some people have been coming up with figures coming out of bond
          fund monies that were spent on other things, or how some schools have
          had middle school counselors and others haven't.

          In other words...a dirty laundry list that is complete with their
          figures, budget items and other spending activities!
          --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Tammera Campbell