Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: state trustee and new assoc. superintendent of business ...

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
      I took the Trustee's monthly payment and her description of the formula and
      backed out from there. I remembered from reading in the Times some time ago
      that the salary was a big hike from Gloria's $190K to something like $240K
      or $250K, so the numbers made sense to me.

      Charley Cowens

      On 7/6/07, Kevin Rivard <kfrivard@...> wrote:

      > Charley,
      >
      > Where did you get the $254,000 WCCUSD salary?
      >
      > In 2000 the base salary was about $116,000 for the Super. Even with
      > adjustments for inflation $254,000 seems a little high unless that
      > includes
      > all the goodies the are added on which should not be factored into the
      > formula.
      >
      > Kevin
      >

      > >From: "Charley Cowens" <charley.cowens@...>
      > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: state trustee and new assoc. superintendent
      > >of business ...
      > >Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 23:11:15 -0700
      > >
      > >The current salary for the State Trustee is $67,140/year with an expense
      > >allowance of $4,800/year all paid out of our general unrestricted funds.
      > >The
      > >salary is calculated based on a formula determined by the State
      > >Superintendent:
      > >
      > >state_trustee_salary = state_trustee_time_as_FTE * (.8 *
      > >local_superintendent_salary)
      > >
      > >The State Trustee works 33% time or .33 FTE. The WCCUSD Superintendent's
      > >salary is about $254,000/year.
      > >
      > >Charley Cowens
      > >
      > >On 7/3/07, Kevin Rivard <kfrivard@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > For those that wonder why I picked the 2000 report, that was the first
      > > > thing
      > > > I laid my hands on when I opened the file cabinet, that had any
      > figures.
      > > > do not dig deep much these days as we now have a transparent
      > > > Superintendent
      > > > who is willing to get the information to us.
      > > >
      > > > Just ask him at the next Board meeting for the figures.
      > > >
      > > > Kevin

      > >of

      > was
      > office
      > > > Trustee's
      > the

      > not
      > interested
      > status

      > hers
      > >is

    • Ralph Bedwell
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
        Superintendents make crazy money all over the country these days.
        While Mr. Harter seems like a good Superintendent -- certainly a huge
        upgrade over our prior situation, which cost us just as much! -- I
        have a hard time seeing how that kind of money is justified here or
        anywhere.

        Ralph

        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Charley Cowens"

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 11, 2007
          Ralph,
          In today's picture, where would you find a CEO who would be willling to be responsible for 3500+ employees, 60+ facilities, 31,000 children, and be responsible to the Feds, State, County and five local governments for $100K, $200K? You need to put it into perspective. If we want a leader to move us forward, we need to pay for it. Or we get what we pay for. Been down that road and not willing to go back.
          Tammy