Temper an issue for school trustee

  • Alicia Medina
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2007
      LISA VORDERBRUEGGEN: TIMES POLITICAL EDITOR
      Temper an issue for school trustee
      Contra Costa Times
      Article Launched: 07/08/2007 03:04:05 AM PDT

      var requestedWidth = 0;
      if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } WEST CONTRA COSTA School Board Trustee Charles Ramsey's runaway mouth has once again gotten him into trouble. A volunteer and a teacher are calling for the school board to discipline Ramsey for what they describe as the trustee's verbally abusive, threatening and bullying behavior at El Cerrito High School in late May.

      TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE - YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

      http://www.contracostatimes.com/lisavorderbrueggen/ci_6327319

      A Medina
      http://drivenparent.blogspot.com/
      "It is time to reaffirm our belief in
      the love, wisdom and power of parents"
      Randy Gaschler - Parent Driven Schools

    • rebecca494
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2007
        I read the article cited below and I couldn't agree more with Times
        Political Editor Lisa Vorderbrueggen. I have watched Charles Ramsey
        blow his top for the last 14 years. I am sure many more than Marcia
        Osborn and the art teacher have been the target of his tongue
        lashings. But he keeps doing it because he gets away with it. I think
        it is time that the WCCUSD Board censures him. He reminds me of Chris
        Daly, the current San Francisco Supervisor, who similarly blows up.
        The S.F. Board of Supervisors is thinking of censuring him. I hope
        they do so.

        Censureship is a big move as Board members of every stripe need
        another vote for their own issues, but enough is enough. Yes, Mr.
        Ramsey may have passion and may vote the right way (or the wrong way
        as the case may be), but his behavior demeans us all.

        I would like to say that while I do not know Mr. Temple, the art
        teacher, I have observed Marcia Osborn over the years and all her
        great contributions to the school district. She and her late husband
        saw two kids graduate from this school district. School volunteers
        don't necessarily have to have kids in the school, at this moment, to
        be a dedicated volunteer. It is enough that parents see their
        children through the WCCUSD from K-12. That says a lot about parent
        commitment, especially when the parent couples that commitment with
        active volunteer work like Marcia has done.

        And what is this official status thing that Mr. Ramsey refers too? I
        think those of us who have seen our kids through this district through
        the thick and the thin of it, have official status as parents of
        alumni of the WCCUSD.

        Rebecca Hazlewood