Sunday's "Childhood Matters" Radio show is focused on Parent Involvement

  • theatermom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      Dear Parent Activists:

      I received a call from Rona Renner (who does all sorts of wonderful parent
      and kid programs at Kaiser Richmond), who hosts a radio program called
      "Childhood Matters". She phoned me, remembering the WC Times article about parent
      involvement in our school district, because the theme of this Sunday's show is
      Parent Involvement.

      The show broadcasts Sunday, August 17, at 9am on 98.1 FM (KISS). She will
      have a live guest in the studio, but it's a call-in show, and felt that perhaps
      someone from our group might phone in and talk about what we're doing, and
      spread the word. Rona is extremely supportive of what we're doing, and I felt it
      was great of her to want to include us. The live, call-in phone number is
      1-877-372-KIDS.

      I wanted to encourage folks to listen in, phone in (be sure to give our
      website and the August 24th 3:30pm-6:00pm date of our next meeting at the Richmond
      Library if you call in!!). I will also forward the information directly to
      Rona in case she can announce it on air.

      Have a great weekend all.

      Laura Soble