Re: query

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2007
      Forwarded per her request.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2007
        I guess I should have read this before forwarding. Anyway, Rebecca
        makes a good point later, but the second paragraph is an example of
        what might be better left out of the discussion. Someone who or may
        not have been Robert Studdiford yelled at her over some political
        thing, therefore Robert Studdiford is a yeller. Please...I don't think
        it's fair to exclude all criticism of people involved in public
        institutions or posting on this list, but you should be a little more
        careful to have more substance to your claims when you do make
        criticisms like this.

        Charley Cowens

      • Robert Studdiford
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
          Thank you Charley for saying something.

          I do agree that Jill does have a viable concern in regards to the district
          due to the fact she is a tax paying citizen.

          What I have an issue with is this,

          Both Jill and Rebecca have a very good knowledge of our districts history.
          This is very valuable to us all because we need to know where we've come
          from so that we do not make the errors of the past. Their history is full of
          the darkest times of the district where services were cut and getting a good
          education was a challenge to say the least.

          Now, both of these parents are not dealing with the day to day school site
          issues that would give them the relative facts that they know allowed them
          to develop their opinions in the first place.

          History always changes and that change is made up from new facts. It is
          sometimes very hard to see change when it is in front of you because It's
          like the way our kids grow, we buy them new cloths but we don't really
          notice how big their getting.

          I see great change in the district and I watch it closely. My perception of
          change comes from the time I have invested in looking at the issues as
          closely as I can.

          In Jill's original post of CBOC members bios, the only ones that were
          accused of being dirty were PTA volunteers that have no other personal stake
          in the process other than their children's education. There were no facts
          offered, no bases to back up her outrageous accusations and fabrications.
          Now Rebecca joins in with no facts, just her opinion.

          These are both parent that seem to rather further the paradigm of the
          district is a failure based off of their outdated history rather than see
          what positive change is actually happening. They have no qualms about taking
          down someone that is working to make a better history for the district
          because once again it does not fit the failure paradigm that fits their
          need.

          Jill never apologized to any of the PTA members that she slandered. She
          continues to excuse it as her being creative and now Rebecca, my neighbor
          that I don't really know, wants to add in.

          As the current thread continues in regards to SSC's and Site Plans I want to
          through in this thought because I believe that it's germane to the topic I
          write you about now. How do you expect parents to volunteer when they can be
          subject to the type of charicture assignation the both Jill and Rebecca seem
          to condone? Parents from the outside looking in and throwing stones.

          I'm disappointed in this.

          Robert Studdiford

          _____