Oversight Committee Illegal?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 7:25 PM
      Hello everyone,

      Go to, http://www.betterschoolsforca.org/read_ab1908.html, and read how the
      Oversight Committee for a bond measure under Prop 39 and AB 1908 is to be
      composed.

      You will find out that George Harris III omitted a big important piece of
      the law in his response to Jeff.

      Read 15282. (b) No employee or official of the district shall be appointed
      to the citizens' oversight committee. No vendor, contractor, or consultant
      of the district shall be appointed to the citizens' oversight
      committee.members of the citizens' . . .

      The district combined the two Bond, M and D, Oversight Committees together.
      This cannot be because the first committee M is comprised of people not
      allowed under Prop 39 and AB 1908 Oversight Committee which Bond Measure D
      was crafted under. The two Committees must be separate to stay within the
      law in my opinion.

      I might have the Bonds mixed up but one is subject to Prop 39 and AB 1908. I
      think I have them straight and if not, someone can correct me. Please.

      Your thoughts?

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Thank you Betty for your prompt reply. We are glad that the committee
        had enough forethought to review this issue. Please thank all committee
        members for taking time out of their busy schedules to participate in
        something as important as the rebuilding of our schools.
        Tammy Campbell

        Bgbgeb@... wrote:
        Tammy, Kevin is right up to a point but the oversight committee took this into consideration when Measure D oversight committee was appointed. Those members of the measure M oversight committee that fit the Prop 39 guidelines were appointed to the Measure D oversight committee as well as staying as members of Measure M oversight. This does not include any school employees ( I am actually the senior club member and we have John Wolfe who represents a legally formed tax association) We do business that concerns both bond measures together and then any voting, etc for Measure D is done either before or after that part of the meeting with only the Measure D members having a vote. The members of the oversight committee were the ones who pushed this as they wanted to be sure we were VERY LEGAL, I hope this helps. See you ast the Aug. 4th meeting. Betty