Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
      Kevin I am not sure I can make it to the School Board Meeting. I do
      not Blame the CBOC. I don't even like the idea that many people on
      the CBOC were hand picked by Board Members. I always seek
      information from you because I know you honestly care about the
      children and their safety and not (making assumtions) any Kick Backs
      or new business partners, etc. The other thing I don't like about
      the CBOC is that the membership has continued to change. You are
      one of the few people whom have remained on this commitee since the
      beginning. Your knowledge alone is worth a fortune to us ignorant
      members of the public.
      Please keep us informed and some of ignorant members of the public
      may one day be able to help pave the way to see that the GROWN UPS
      do what is right by the CHILDREN of WCCUSD.
      Thanks Again Kevin for all you Do!

      Jill Wolkenfeld

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
      wrote:

      > We, the CBOC, were told that after all the increases in costs as
      well as the
      > add ons to the projects the projected budget would leave an extra
      few
      > million in the kitty, just enough for one more elementary school,
      so the
      > lucky bingo winner was Ohlone.
      >
      > Question I have is that Bill Savidge stated at the CBOC meeting
      that one of
      > the criteria for getting to the top of the heap such as apparently
      Ohlone
      > has, is seismic upgrade needs.
      >
      > I wonder, if this is the case, why was Helms picked over Adams.
      Seems like a
      > Middle school like Adams, that is constructed on stilts like the
      Nimitz
      > Freeway and sitting right atop the Hayward fault, it would be a no
      brainer
      > that Adams should have been picked first. That leads me to ponder
      more, if
      > perhaps there is a more seismically unfit elementary school that
      needs more
      > immediate care than Ohlone, but since the CBOC has not been privy
      to the
      > same studies as the Bond people and the school board I guess fo
      the CBOC it
      > is a case of, yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to make
      sure the
      > money is spent on Bond Projects.
      >
      > So for those who keep asking questions of the CBOC members just
      remember, in
      > my humble opinion, the CBOC is just like mushrooms, kept in the
      dark and fed
      > the same nutrients. If you want to et some answers to your
      questions you
      > better get to the Board meeting Wednesday because after that
      Ohlone is in
      > and all the other schools have to wait for the next successful
      local school
      > bond election.
      >
      > Kevin
      >

      > >From: "Karen Calarco" <karenlynnc@...>
      > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
      > >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:45 -0000
      > >
      > >Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one
      of
      > >the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
      > >Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
      > >Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any
      light on
      > >that change? Thanks -
      > >Karen Calaarco
      > >

      > >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@>
      > >wrote:
      > > >
      > > > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
      > >packet, they
      > > > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented
      at the
      > > > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was
      conveniently
      > >left out
      > > > of the posted board packet.
      > > >
      > > > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
      > >information that
      > > > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If
      they
      > >did then
      > > > that information should have been posted on the web site with
      the
      > >posted
      > > > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public
      information
      > >getting to
      > > > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
      > >posted
      > > > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information
      that
      > >the CBOC
      > > > received then both these action Items should be tabled until
      the
      > >information
      > > > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
      > > >
      > > > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
      > > >
      > > > Kevin

      Live
      http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/