RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
      We, the CBOC, were told that after all the increases in costs as well as the
      add ons to the projects the projected budget would leave an extra few
      million in the kitty, just enough for one more elementary school, so the
      lucky bingo winner was Ohlone.

      Question I have is that Bill Savidge stated at the CBOC meeting that one of
      the criteria for getting to the top of the heap such as apparently Ohlone
      has, is seismic upgrade needs.

      I wonder, if this is the case, why was Helms picked over Adams. Seems like a
      Middle school like Adams, that is constructed on stilts like the Nimitz
      Freeway and sitting right atop the Hayward fault, it would be a no brainer
      that Adams should have been picked first. That leads me to ponder more, if
      perhaps there is a more seismically unfit elementary school that needs more
      immediate care than Ohlone, but since the CBOC has not been privy to the
      same studies as the Bond people and the school board I guess fo the CBOC it
      is a case of, yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to make sure the
      money is spent on Bond Projects.

      So for those who keep asking questions of the CBOC members just remember, in
      my humble opinion, the CBOC is just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed
      the same nutrients. If you want to et some answers to your questions you
      better get to the Board meeting Wednesday because after that Ohlone is in
      and all the other schools have to wait for the next successful local school
      bond election.

      Kevin

      >From: "Karen Calarco" <karenlynnc@...>
      >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
      >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:45 -0000
      >
      >Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
      >the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
      >Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
      >Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
      >that change? Thanks -
      >Karen Calaarco
      >

      >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
      >wrote:
      > >
      > > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
      >packet, they
      > > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
      > > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
      >left out
      > > of the posted board packet.
      > >
      > > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
      >information that
      > > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they
      >did then
      > > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
      >posted
      > > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
      >getting to
      > > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
      >posted
      > > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
      >the CBOC
      > > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
      >information
      > > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
      > >
      > > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
      > >
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
      > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
      > > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

      WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
      Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
        Kevin I am not sure I can make it to the School Board Meeting. I do
        not Blame the CBOC. I don't even like the idea that many people on
        the CBOC were hand picked by Board Members. I always seek
        information from you because I know you honestly care about the
        children and their safety and not (making assumtions) any Kick Backs
        or new business partners, etc. The other thing I don't like about
        the CBOC is that the membership has continued to change. You are
        one of the few people whom have remained on this commitee since the
        beginning. Your knowledge alone is worth a fortune to us ignorant
        members of the public.
        Please keep us informed and some of ignorant members of the public
        may one day be able to help pave the way to see that the GROWN UPS
        do what is right by the CHILDREN of WCCUSD.
        Thanks Again Kevin for all you Do!

        Jill Wolkenfeld