Re: [wccusdtalk] final election results

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
      And at this point, the campaign and election are over. Whether or not we
      endorsed or voted for a particular candidate in this election or the
      last one, these 5 people have been elected. All of them are now "ours"
      and I fully expect to work with all 5 of them, wearing all my various
      hats, to bring positive changes to the district. We have a new
      superintendent, we have a new board, there are moves to increased
      accountability at all levels - I think this is going to be an
      interesting year.
      Cathy

      Charley Cowens wrote:

      > Cathy-
      >
      > The victors (including your 2) are the same, but the spread between
      > Medrano and Ramsey narrowed significantly to 66 votes.
      >
      > Charley Cowens
      >
      > On 12/4/06, Cathy Travlos <cbt@...
      > <mailto:cbt%40triplering.net>> wrote:
      > > The final election results are in as of 7:35 this morning, with the same
      > > results. Congratulations to Madeline Kronenberg, Audrey Miles and
      > > Charles Ramsey on their election to WCCUSD school board.
      > >
      > > - Cathy:
      > >
      > > West Co Co Unif Sch Gov Bd
      > > Vote For 3
      > > (WITH 157 OF 157 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
      > > MADELINE KRONENBERG . . . . . . . 20,632
      > > AUDREY MILES . . . . . . . . . 20,045
      > > CHARLES RAMSEY. . . . . . . . . 17,009
      > > ANTONIO MEDRANO . . . . . . . . 16,943
      > > MARGUERITE MEADE . . . . . . . . 10,163
      > > ROBERT W. BROWER . . . . . . . . 9,606
      > > ANTON JUNGHERR. . . . . . . . . 8,747
      > > MARTIN GOTTLIEB . . . . . . . . 5,639
      > > WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 343

    • troubled_h2o
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
        This just goes to prove that "every vote counts." Congratulations to
        all, especially to Charlie Ramsey who went out and earned one vote at a
        time!
      • Diamel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
          You are so right !!! Congratulations again.

          Diane Brown

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            Cathy,

            This election is over, but the post-election analysis begins after the
            election data is made available as part of the end of the election.
            One data point we know already is that the 3d (winning) and 4th
            (losing) ranking candidates were separated by 66 votes.

            The campaign for the next election also starts now albeit in a much
            lower gear. One of the important lessons from this cycle is how
            important it is to think ahead as far as possible. This is also the
            time to look at structural changes to change the nature of future
            elections.

            In the meantime, of course, we all should do what we can now to
            influence what happens in the District.

            Charley Cowens