final election results

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4 11:41 AM
      The final election results are in as of 7:35 this morning, with the same
      results. Congratulations to Madeline Kronenberg, Audrey Miles and
      Charles Ramsey on their election to WCCUSD school board.

      - Cathy:

      West Co Co Unif Sch Gov Bd
      Vote For 3
      (WITH 157 OF 157 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
      MADELINE KRONENBERG . . . . . . . 20,632
      AUDREY MILES . . . . . . . . . 20,045
      CHARLES RAMSEY. . . . . . . . . 17,009
      ANTONIO MEDRANO . . . . . . . . 16,943
      MARGUERITE MEADE . . . . . . . . 10,163
      ROBERT W. BROWER . . . . . . . . 9,606
      ANTON JUNGHERR. . . . . . . . . 8,747
      MARTIN GOTTLIEB . . . . . . . . 5,639
      WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 343
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4 1:41 PM
        Cathy-

        The victors (including your 2) are the same, but the spread between
        Medrano and Ramsey narrowed significantly to 66 votes.

        Charley Cowens

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4 3:26 PM
          And at this point, the campaign and election are over. Whether or not we
          endorsed or voted for a particular candidate in this election or the
          last one, these 5 people have been elected. All of them are now "ours"
          and I fully expect to work with all 5 of them, wearing all my various
          hats, to bring positive changes to the district. We have a new
          superintendent, we have a new board, there are moves to increased
          accountability at all levels - I think this is going to be an
          interesting year.
          Cathy

          Charley Cowens wrote:

          > Cathy-
          >
          > The victors (including your 2) are the same, but the spread between
          > Medrano and Ramsey narrowed significantly to 66 votes.
          >
          > Charley Cowens
          >
          > On 12/4/06, Cathy Travlos <cbt@...
          > <mailto:cbt%40triplering.net>> wrote:
          > > The final election results are in as of 7:35 this morning, with the same
          > > results. Congratulations to Madeline Kronenberg, Audrey Miles and
          > > Charles Ramsey on their election to WCCUSD school board.
          > >
          > > - Cathy:
          > >
          > > West Co Co Unif Sch Gov Bd
          > > Vote For 3
          > > (WITH 157 OF 157 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
          > > MADELINE KRONENBERG . . . . . . . 20,632
          > > AUDREY MILES . . . . . . . . . 20,045
          > > CHARLES RAMSEY. . . . . . . . . 17,009
          > > ANTONIO MEDRANO . . . . . . . . 16,943
          > > MARGUERITE MEADE . . . . . . . . 10,163
          > > ROBERT W. BROWER . . . . . . . . 9,606
          > > ANTON JUNGHERR. . . . . . . . . 8,747
          > > MARTIN GOTTLIEB . . . . . . . . 5,639
          > > WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 343

        • troubled_h2o
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4 6:19 PM
            This just goes to prove that "every vote counts." Congratulations to
            all, especially to Charlie Ramsey who went out and earned one vote at a
            time!
          • Diamel@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4 8:41 PM
              You are so right !!! Congratulations again.

              Diane Brown

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4 11:50 PM
                Cathy,

                This election is over, but the post-election analysis begins after the
                election data is made available as part of the end of the election.
                One data point we know already is that the 3d (winning) and 4th
                (losing) ranking candidates were separated by 66 votes.

                The campaign for the next election also starts now albeit in a much
                lower gear. One of the important lessons from this cycle is how
                important it is to think ahead as far as possible. This is also the
                time to look at structural changes to change the nature of future
                elections.

                In the meantime, of course, we all should do what we can now to
                influence what happens in the District.