Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
      Kevin,
      Can you copy and paste what Bill Savidge sent you into this forum?
      I'm not happy about any of this, but I am starting to give up on the
      CBOC and it is the resposibility of the members to keep the public
      informed and report any wrong doings. It appears the facility
      commitee gets more information then the CBOC.
      It's late and maybe I am not making to much sense, but I would like
      to see more information on what you are talking about...
      Please don't take any offense, I am tired and very THANKFULL for the
      information that you do provide the public!

      Goodnight and Sweet Dreams,

      Jill Wolkenfeld
      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
      wrote:

      > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
      packet, they
      > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at
      the
      > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
      left out
      > of the posted board packet.
      >
      > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
      information that
      > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If
      they did then
      > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
      posted
      > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
      getting to
      > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
      posted
      > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
      the CBOC
      > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
      information
      > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
      >
      > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
      >
      > Kevin
      >

      > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
      > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
      > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

      href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?
      href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

    • Karen Calarco
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
        Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
        the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
        Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
        Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
        that change? Thanks -
        Karen Calaarco

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
          We, the CBOC, were told that after all the increases in costs as well as the
          add ons to the projects the projected budget would leave an extra few
          million in the kitty, just enough for one more elementary school, so the
          lucky bingo winner was Ohlone.

          Question I have is that Bill Savidge stated at the CBOC meeting that one of
          the criteria for getting to the top of the heap such as apparently Ohlone
          has, is seismic upgrade needs.

          I wonder, if this is the case, why was Helms picked over Adams. Seems like a
          Middle school like Adams, that is constructed on stilts like the Nimitz
          Freeway and sitting right atop the Hayward fault, it would be a no brainer
          that Adams should have been picked first. That leads me to ponder more, if
          perhaps there is a more seismically unfit elementary school that needs more
          immediate care than Ohlone, but since the CBOC has not been privy to the
          same studies as the Bond people and the school board I guess fo the CBOC it
          is a case of, yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to make sure the
          money is spent on Bond Projects.

          So for those who keep asking questions of the CBOC members just remember, in
          my humble opinion, the CBOC is just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed
          the same nutrients. If you want to et some answers to your questions you
          better get to the Board meeting Wednesday because after that Ohlone is in
          and all the other schools have to wait for the next successful local school
          bond election.

          Kevin

          >From: "Karen Calarco" <karenlynnc@...>
          >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
          >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:45 -0000
          >
          >Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
          >the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
          >Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
          >Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
          >that change? Thanks -
          >Karen Calaarco
          >

          >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
          >wrote:
          > >
          > > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
          >packet, they
          > > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
          > > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
          >left out
          > > of the posted board packet.
          > >
          > > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
          >information that
          > > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they
          >did then
          > > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
          >posted
          > > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
          >getting to
          > > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
          >posted
          > > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
          >the CBOC
          > > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
          >information
          > > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
          > >
          > > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
          > >
          > > Kevin
          > >

          > > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
          > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
          > > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
          > > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

          WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
          Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            Kevin I am not sure I can make it to the School Board Meeting. I do
            not Blame the CBOC. I don't even like the idea that many people on
            the CBOC were hand picked by Board Members. I always seek
            information from you because I know you honestly care about the
            children and their safety and not (making assumtions) any Kick Backs
            or new business partners, etc. The other thing I don't like about
            the CBOC is that the membership has continued to change. You are
            one of the few people whom have remained on this commitee since the
            beginning. Your knowledge alone is worth a fortune to us ignorant
            members of the public.
            Please keep us informed and some of ignorant members of the public
            may one day be able to help pave the way to see that the GROWN UPS
            do what is right by the CHILDREN of WCCUSD.
            Thanks Again Kevin for all you Do!