RE: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
      You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board packet, they
      lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
      Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently left out
      of the posted board packet.

      The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same information that
      we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they did then
      that information should have been posted on the web site with the posted
      Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information getting to
      the public the Board should demand that that information gets posted
      immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that the CBOC
      received then both these action Items should be tabled until the information
      is disseminated to the Board and the Public.

      For those who care you should contact the Board members.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
        Kevin,
        Can you copy and paste what Bill Savidge sent you into this forum?
        I'm not happy about any of this, but I am starting to give up on the
        CBOC and it is the resposibility of the members to keep the public
        informed and report any wrong doings. It appears the facility
        commitee gets more information then the CBOC.
        It's late and maybe I am not making to much sense, but I would like
        to see more information on what you are talking about...
        Please don't take any offense, I am tired and very THANKFULL for the
        information that you do provide the public!

        Goodnight and Sweet Dreams,

        Jill Wolkenfeld
        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
        wrote:

        > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
        packet, they
        > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at
        the
        > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
        left out
        > of the posted board packet.
        >
        > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
        information that
        > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If
        they did then
        > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
        posted
        > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
        getting to
        > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
        posted
        > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
        the CBOC
        > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
        information
        > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
        >
        > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
        >
        > Kevin
        >

        > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
        > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
        > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

        href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?
        href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

      • Karen Calarco
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
          Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
          the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
          Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
          Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
          that change? Thanks -
          Karen Calaarco

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            We, the CBOC, were told that after all the increases in costs as well as the
            add ons to the projects the projected budget would leave an extra few
            million in the kitty, just enough for one more elementary school, so the
            lucky bingo winner was Ohlone.

            Question I have is that Bill Savidge stated at the CBOC meeting that one of
            the criteria for getting to the top of the heap such as apparently Ohlone
            has, is seismic upgrade needs.

            I wonder, if this is the case, why was Helms picked over Adams. Seems like a
            Middle school like Adams, that is constructed on stilts like the Nimitz
            Freeway and sitting right atop the Hayward fault, it would be a no brainer
            that Adams should have been picked first. That leads me to ponder more, if
            perhaps there is a more seismically unfit elementary school that needs more
            immediate care than Ohlone, but since the CBOC has not been privy to the
            same studies as the Bond people and the school board I guess fo the CBOC it
            is a case of, yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to make sure the
            money is spent on Bond Projects.

            So for those who keep asking questions of the CBOC members just remember, in
            my humble opinion, the CBOC is just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed
            the same nutrients. If you want to et some answers to your questions you
            better get to the Board meeting Wednesday because after that Ohlone is in
            and all the other schools have to wait for the next successful local school
            bond election.

            Kevin

            >From: "Karen Calarco" <karenlynnc@...>
            >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
            >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:45 -0000
            >
            >Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
            >the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
            >Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
            >Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
            >that change? Thanks -
            >Karen Calaarco
            >

            >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
            >packet, they
            > > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
            > > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
            >left out
            > > of the posted board packet.
            > >
            > > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
            >information that
            > > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they
            >did then
            > > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
            >posted
            > > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
            >getting to
            > > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
            >posted
            > > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
            >the CBOC
            > > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
            >information
            > > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
            > >
            > > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
            > >
            > > Kevin
            > >

            > > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
            > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
            > > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
            > > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

            WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
            Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
              Kevin I am not sure I can make it to the School Board Meeting. I do
              not Blame the CBOC. I don't even like the idea that many people on
              the CBOC were hand picked by Board Members. I always seek
              information from you because I know you honestly care about the
              children and their safety and not (making assumtions) any Kick Backs
              or new business partners, etc. The other thing I don't like about
              the CBOC is that the membership has continued to change. You are
              one of the few people whom have remained on this commitee since the
              beginning. Your knowledge alone is worth a fortune to us ignorant
              members of the public.
              Please keep us informed and some of ignorant members of the public
              may one day be able to help pave the way to see that the GROWN UPS
              do what is right by the CHILDREN of WCCUSD.
              Thanks Again Kevin for all you Do!