[Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Dec. 6 board meeting
      Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:44:23 -0800
      From: Paul Ehara <Paul.Ehara@...>
      To: Paul Ehara <Paul.Ehara@...>

      For your information, the agenda and packet for the December 6 board
      meeting are now posted at:

      http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/board/agendas/2006/12_06.pdf (agenda)
      http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/board/packets/2006/12_06.pdf (packet)

      Our apologies for the delay.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
        You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board packet, they
        lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
        Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently left out
        of the posted board packet.

        The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same information that
        we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they did then
        that information should have been posted on the web site with the posted
        Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information getting to
        the public the Board should demand that that information gets posted
        immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that the CBOC
        received then both these action Items should be tabled until the information
        is disseminated to the Board and the Public.

        For those who care you should contact the Board members.

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
          Kevin,
          Can you copy and paste what Bill Savidge sent you into this forum?
          I'm not happy about any of this, but I am starting to give up on the
          CBOC and it is the resposibility of the members to keep the public
          informed and report any wrong doings. It appears the facility
          commitee gets more information then the CBOC.
          It's late and maybe I am not making to much sense, but I would like
          to see more information on what you are talking about...
          Please don't take any offense, I am tired and very THANKFULL for the
          information that you do provide the public!

          Goodnight and Sweet Dreams,

          Jill Wolkenfeld
          --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
          wrote:

          > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
          packet, they
          > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at
          the
          > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
          left out
          > of the posted board packet.
          >
          > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
          information that
          > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If
          they did then
          > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
          posted
          > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
          getting to
          > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
          posted
          > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
          the CBOC
          > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
          information
          > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
          >
          > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
          >
          > Kevin
          >

          > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
          > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
          > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

          href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?
          href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

        • Karen Calarco
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
            the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
            Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
            Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
            that change? Thanks -
            Karen Calaarco

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
              We, the CBOC, were told that after all the increases in costs as well as the
              add ons to the projects the projected budget would leave an extra few
              million in the kitty, just enough for one more elementary school, so the
              lucky bingo winner was Ohlone.

              Question I have is that Bill Savidge stated at the CBOC meeting that one of
              the criteria for getting to the top of the heap such as apparently Ohlone
              has, is seismic upgrade needs.

              I wonder, if this is the case, why was Helms picked over Adams. Seems like a
              Middle school like Adams, that is constructed on stilts like the Nimitz
              Freeway and sitting right atop the Hayward fault, it would be a no brainer
              that Adams should have been picked first. That leads me to ponder more, if
              perhaps there is a more seismically unfit elementary school that needs more
              immediate care than Ohlone, but since the CBOC has not been privy to the
              same studies as the Bond people and the school board I guess fo the CBOC it
              is a case of, yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to make sure the
              money is spent on Bond Projects.

              So for those who keep asking questions of the CBOC members just remember, in
              my humble opinion, the CBOC is just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed
              the same nutrients. If you want to et some answers to your questions you
              better get to the Board meeting Wednesday because after that Ohlone is in
              and all the other schools have to wait for the next successful local school
              bond election.

              Kevin

              >From: "Karen Calarco" <karenlynnc@...>
              >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
              >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:45 -0000
              >
              >Kevin, your summary post of the CBOC meeting listed Ohlone as one of
              >the 8 schools to be cut, but as you allude to below, it's on the
              >Agenda in F.5 to be moved to Phase 1. I don't understand how the
              >Fiscal Impact of that move could be "none". Can you shed any light on
              >that change? Thanks -
              >Karen Calaarco
              >

              >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>
              >wrote:
              > >
              > > You will notice that on action items, F-4 and F-5, in the board
              >packet, they
              > > lack any back-up documentation that I told you was presented at the
              > > Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting was conveniently
              >left out
              > > of the posted board packet.
              > >
              > > The CBOC was told the Board members would receive the same
              >information that
              > > we had received this past Wednesday in their Board Packets. If they
              >did then
              > > that information should have been posted on the web site with the
              >posted
              > > Board Packet. If the Board really cares about public information
              >getting to
              > > the public the Board should demand that that information gets
              >posted
              > > immediately and if the Board did not receive that information that
              >the CBOC
              > > received then both these action Items should be tabled until the
              >information
              > > is disseminated to the Board and the Public.
              > >
              > > For those who care you should contact the Board members.
              > >
              > > Kevin
              > >

              > > >From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>
              > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: Dec. 6 board meeting]
              > > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:38:43 -0800

              WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
              Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
                Kevin I am not sure I can make it to the School Board Meeting. I do
                not Blame the CBOC. I don't even like the idea that many people on
                the CBOC were hand picked by Board Members. I always seek
                information from you because I know you honestly care about the
                children and their safety and not (making assumtions) any Kick Backs
                or new business partners, etc. The other thing I don't like about
                the CBOC is that the membership has continued to change. You are
                one of the few people whom have remained on this commitee since the
                beginning. Your knowledge alone is worth a fortune to us ignorant
                members of the public.
                Please keep us informed and some of ignorant members of the public
                may one day be able to help pave the way to see that the GROWN UPS
                do what is right by the CHILDREN of WCCUSD.
                Thanks Again Kevin for all you Do!