RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: Brown Act Violations Just a mistake again????

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
      It has been posted on the door all the times I have gone down there.

      As long as it is posted in the same manner as in the past they are "in"
      compliance.

      Better answer is wait until Monday an see if it is at your local High School
      which is also suppose to happen as past practices also accoring to what is
      on the agenda every month as to where to find the agendas.

      That is perhaps where a violation could be found.

      It is funny sometmes asking for the board agenda at a local high School and
      they hand you a Site Council agenda. Happened to me once.

      Kevin

      age, and price. Try it!
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
        Kevin, that is Board Policy and it also states every school. They
        have never been in compliance with their own policy. The Brown Act
        states:
        posted in a location that is freely accessible to members of the
        public.

        So if it is on the door then I assume they are in compliance, but I
        have to dribe down to the district to look.

        Remember the Key worh here is FREELY

        Thanks Again for your help!

        Jill
        wrote:

> [...]
        > >1108
        > >website
        Superintendent's
        > > > Office
        > >district
        > >libraries

        > >legislative
        > >this
        > >Who is

        > >the
        > >post
        > > > an
        > > > description
        > >be
        Act
        > >of
        > >regulations
        > > > disability
        > >or
        > >public

        > >Radio
        > > > powered

        > MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks
        ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
          Tick Tock Tick Tock: Time is running out....
          Should I Email the Board Members again? Someone has until 5:30PM
          tonight to post it somewhere and let us know where it is....

          Jill

          --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
            For those interested I have continued on the same thread, but deleted
            previos post.
            I have received a response from Glen Price. He has not received an
            agenda either. He has sent my Email to Bruce Harter. We shall see...
            Tick Tock
            Jill
          • Linda
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
              Does this mean the new School Board Members won't be sworn in?

              Then do the previous Board members stay till the next regular meeting in January 2007?
              Happy New Year!!!

              Who is responsible for posting the Agenda?

              Just Curious,
              Linda

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
                If there's an issue with the agenda it wouldn't affect the new board
                members being sworn in. The only potential effect would be if there were
                a particularly controversial item on the agenda. Then people could ask
                to have a decision postponed to allow adequate public input. If the
                agenda is posted on the bulletin board at Bissell then that would mean
                it was adequate public notice and it wouldn't matter. I'm on the elist,
                so when I get the agenda I'll post it here.

                They've actually been really good recently about getting the agenda
                posted on the web page and emailed to folks who ask to be on the list.
                The only other time there was an issue it was because of a computer
                failure. Finding the packet at the high school is another matter, but I
                always thought that was an issue at my particular high school more than
                the fault of the district. Guess I'll check this week.

                Cathy