Re: Brown Act Violations Just a mistake again????

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2006
      So is it posted on the door? If I go there tomottow, will I see
      it? I'm not driving to that neighborhood alone at night. I'm a
      mother! I have to put my son first! I am willing to check on it
      tomorrow in the day light.
      Sorry I was just thinking about what Kevin said about putting the
      Employees that are at Seaviw to Gompers and the Leadership children
      to Seaview. What a great souloution!
      It does not take a Rocket Scientist to do what is right by our
      children, but it takes 100K plus salaries that put the children
      last....
      Cynical Here!

      Jill

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Jaeger"
      <elizabethjaeger@...> wrote:

      > Cynical, possibly; realistic, definitely.
      >
      > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The technicality here is the district posts the brief agenda on
      the
      > door of
      > > the administration building and the district is then within the
      > letter of
      > > the law compliant by posting the agenda.
      > >
      > > This district always tries to follow the letter of the law and
      on
      > occasion
      > > they actually follow the spirit of the law usually when it
      involves
      > a grant
      > > the forces them to do so or loose the money.
      > >
      > > Cynical, possibly.
      > >
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > >From: "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@>
      > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Brown Act Violations Just a mistake
      again????
      > > >Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:52:49 -0000
      > > >
      > > >Dear School Board Members,
      > > >
      > > >Can you get someone to upload the agenda this weekend.
      > > >It states on the district WEB Site that is will be available the
      > > >Friday before according to this copied from WCCUSD website:
      > > >Upcoming Board Meeting, 12/06/06
      > > >Meetings are normally scheduled to be held at the Lovonya DeJean
      > > >Middle School Multipurpose Room, 3400 Macdonald Ave., Richmond,
      on
      > > >the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m. The
      > > >entrance to the Multipurpose Room is on 33rd Street, around the
      > > >corner from the school's main entrance on Macdonald Avenue.
      > > >Dates and location are subject to change to accommodate
      holidays
      > and
      > > >other conflicts in scheduling. Notification of any changes in
      > dates,
      > > >times, or location will be publicized.
      > > >Meeting agendas are posted for public viewing the Friday before
      > each
      > > >regular meeting in the lobby of the administration building at
      1108
      > > >Bissell Avenue, at district schools, and at the district's
      website
      > > >at http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/board/agendas. Copies of meeting
      > > >agendas also are available by contacting the Superintendent's
      > Office
      > > >at 234-3825, ext. 2205.
      > > >Complete board meeting packets with supporting materials are
      > > >available for review at the administration building, the
      district
      > > >website, the district's five high schools, and at public
      libraries
      > > >throughout West County.
      > > >
      > > >Also according to Brown Act 54954.2 there should be a
      legislative
      > > >body of the local agency, or designee responsible to see that
      this
      > > >is done. I am tired of hearing that it was just a mistake.
      Who is
      > > >responsible for this?
      > > >
      > > >54954.2. (a) (1) At least 72 hours before a regular meeting,
      the
      > > >legislative body of the local agency, or its designee, shall
      post
      > an
      > > >agenda containing a brief general description of each item of
      > > >business to be transacted or discussed at the meeting, including
      > > >items to be discussed in closed session. A brief general
      > description
      > > >of an item generally need not exceed 20 words. The agenda shall
      > > >specify the time and location of the regular meeting and shall
      be
      > > >posted in a location that is freely accessible to members of the
      > > >public. If requested, the agenda shall be made available in
      > > >appropriate alternative formats to persons with a disability, as
      > > >required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act
      of
      > > >1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132), and the federal rules and
      regulations
      > > >adopted in implementation thereof. The agenda shall include
      > > >information regarding how, to whom, and when a request for
      > disability
      > > >related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids
      or
      > > >services may be made by a person with a disability who requires
      > > >modification or accommodation in order to participate in the
      public
      > > >meeting.
      > > >
      > > >Thank You in Advance,
      > > >
      > > >Jill Wolkenfeld

      > > Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN
      Radio

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
        It has been posted on the door all the times I have gone down there.

        As long as it is posted in the same manner as in the past they are "in"
        compliance.

        Better answer is wait until Monday an see if it is at your local High School
        which is also suppose to happen as past practices also accoring to what is
        on the agenda every month as to where to find the agendas.

        That is perhaps where a violation could be found.

        It is funny sometmes asking for the board agenda at a local high School and
        they hand you a Site Council agenda. Happened to me once.

        age, and price. Try it!
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
          Kevin, that is Board Policy and it also states every school. They
          have never been in compliance with their own policy. The Brown Act
          states:
          posted in a location that is freely accessible to members of the
          public.

          So if it is on the door then I assume they are in compliance, but I
          have to dribe down to the district to look.

          Remember the Key worh here is FREELY

          Thanks Again for your help!

          Jill
          wrote:

> [...]
          > >1108
          > >website
          Superintendent's
          > > > Office
          > >district
          > >libraries

          > >legislative
          > >this
          > >Who is

          > >the
          > >post
          > > > an
          > > > description
          > >be
          Act
          > >of
          > >regulations
          > > > disability
          > >or
          > >public

          > >Radio
          > > > powered

          > MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks
          ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
            Tick Tock Tick Tock: Time is running out....
            Should I Email the Board Members again? Someone has until 5:30PM
            tonight to post it somewhere and let us know where it is....

            Jill

            --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@...>

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
              For those interested I have continued on the same thread, but deleted
              previos post.
              I have received a response from Glen Price. He has not received an
              agenda either. He has sent my Email to Bruce Harter. We shall see...
              Tick Tock
              Jill
            • Linda
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
                Does this mean the new School Board Members won't be sworn in?

                Then do the previous Board members stay till the next regular meeting in January 2007?
                Happy New Year!!!

                Who is responsible for posting the Agenda?

                Just Curious,
                Linda

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
                  If there's an issue with the agenda it wouldn't affect the new board
                  members being sworn in. The only potential effect would be if there were
                  a particularly controversial item on the agenda. Then people could ask
                  to have a decision postponed to allow adequate public input. If the
                  agenda is posted on the bulletin board at Bissell then that would mean
                  it was adequate public notice and it wouldn't matter. I'm on the elist,
                  so when I get the agenda I'll post it here.

                  They've actually been really good recently about getting the agenda
                  posted on the web page and emailed to folks who ask to be on the list.
                  The only other time there was an issue it was because of a computer
                  failure. Finding the packet at the high school is another matter, but I
                  always thought that was an issue at my particular high school more than
                  the fault of the district. Guess I'll check this week.

                  Cathy