RE: [wccusdtalk] Has Leadership renewed it's Charter with WCCUSD?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      People,

      The district had a chance to deal with Leadership when the district closed
      Seaview Elementary. Leadership was willing to move to Seaview but the
      district said no. The district could have moved Leadership into Seaview and
      staff into Gompers. But as I have said before this district is not about
      the kids so it is screw the kids first and then deal with an emergency by
      pushing the kids into a hole when the district is finally forced to deal
      with the kids.

      The district can still move Leadership to Seaview and the staff to Gompers,
      case closed.

      But the district won't because the district does not care about the kids as
      much as it cares about the adults and the unions who pay for the election of
      the school board members.

      If this district really cared about the kids it would put the interest of
      the kids first and the adults second but look where Leadership is currently
      and where the adults are currently (Seaview) who benefit from the money that
      directly comes into this district because of the kids some who are currently
      in Gompers. Now tell me when you look at this current housing of kids and
      adults do you really think this district thinks about the kids safety and
      welfare first as this district continually espouses.

      If our current Superintendent really wants to show this community that he
      cares for the kids he has the power to make this move. Kids to Seaview,
      staff to Gompers. I just remembered one reason given as to why the move was
      good for the administrative staff to Seaview, that all the fragmented groups
      of people in all the departments would be closer together. Look where
      Gompers and the Administration building are in relationship to each other.
      Moving all the staff to Gompers would be within walking distance of the
      Super. Much more convenient for the ADULTS. Just another supporting factor
      for the move.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
        --Well said Kevin.