Re: [wccusdtalk] measure j bond schools slashed.

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Kevin-

      This is all just a report on what my favorite sub-committee, the
      Facilities Sub-Committee, has decided, right?

      For the increases, how much is a change of scope and how much is an
      underestimation of cost? What are the more egregious changes in scope,
      if any?

      For PVHS and KHS what exactly is a partial start? Did either of these
      schools ever need a total teardown?

      You mentioned the "next bond". Is this already being floated at CBOC?

      Charley Cowens

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Charley this is not a report. This is on next Wednesday Board meeting as an
        action item according to Bill Savidge with staff recommendations.

        The CBOC requested that this be a discussion only item so the public could
        become more aware of how the bond money is now being reallocated by the
        district.

        The scope of work for Pinole VHS and Kennedy HS according to the document
        passed out at the CBOC meeting is as follows: Phase I: Infrastructure & New
        Classroom Bldg

        That's it no other description.

        As far as the CBOC floating a new bond that is not in our purview to
        discuss. But presented the other night at the CBOC was a budget that shows
        Measure J (J) currently running a $20,999,042
        deficit with the new state allocation projections built in from the state
        construction bond just passed this election which would lead one to believe
        someone has to be thinking of another campaign soon.

        Therefore anyone viewing this information can plainly see without another
        bond successfully passed in the next two years or so any building on the
        sites will only continue until the current bond monies run out.

        Then Pinole Valley and Kennedy would have only partially renovated schools
        and hopefully those parts will have walls on all four sides and a roof that
        doesn't leak.

        Meanwhile De Anza will have a swimming pool filled with water and no
        maintenance funds to put the cleaning agents into the water to keep it
        clean.

        Good forward thinking.

        Kevin