~*ArCHiVeS*~* Fairy Tales fed to the SSCs-all about the $$$$

  • wccusdtalk_historian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2006
      This is from the archives Jul 2006 and arose from
      postings here from School Site Council members who
      had NO IDEA how much money their site had & had NEVER
      seen a copy of the Single Plan for Student Achievement
      (or SPSA) that they approved.

      Posting includes board member comments on the situation.
      JULY 2006

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife67@...>
      wrote:

      --- In March4Education@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967"
      <ladyluvslife67@> wrote:

      This concerns me Ms. Pfeifer.

      First, the principal is a mandatory member of the SSC.
      Following the law regarding the site council is something
      they are EXPECTED to do.

      *****************************
      Principal has the following duties with respect to the SPSA
      >>>is a voting member of the SSC
      approved SPSA
      These responsibilities make the principal vital to the
      success of the SPSA. However, the principal has no
      administrative authority over the school site council,
      may not veto decisions made by the school site council,
      and may not make changes to the SPSA after it has been
      approved by the school site council
      *********************************

      If there are "unwilling" principals who thumb their nose at
      the Ed Code and procedures regarding SSC, then the district
      should identify them immediatley and send them to SSC
      training as part of their job. If they are still "unwilling"
      to do their job, then corrective action should be taken just
      as any employee would receive when "unwilling" to do their
      job.

      AMEDINA

      --- In March4Education@yahoogroups.com, karen pfeifer
      <karenepfeifer@> wrote:

      > You are right. The willingness of the principal is the key to SSC
      success.

      > Karen Pfeifer
      >
      > ladyluvslife67 <ladyluvslife67@> wrote:
      > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "ladyluvslife67"
      > <ladyluvslife67@> wrote:
      >
      > This fairy tale has no happy ending for anyone.
      >
      > One major deceitful practice is failure by the district
      > to disclose the many funding sources that the sites get
      > their monies from. Only when obtaining a copy of my
      > site's budget did I see our site had a bunch of MRAD
      > monies.
      >
      > *Last year when questions arose about funding sources*
      >
      > When asked by the SSC, the principal replied the SSC
      > does not vote on the MRAD monies that is handled downtown.
      > Apparently at Olinda School, their SSC gets full disclosure
      > of funding sources, as they were able to get their brand
      > new track. Great article in the paper yesterday about this.
      >
      > Again the presenting of the budget to the SSC(s) should
      > be a district procedure same at EVERY school.
      >
      > AMEDINA
      >
      > --- End forwarded message ---
      >

      > Karen Pfeifer
      > WCCUSD School Board Member