~*~*ArCHiVeD LooK bAcK/WCCUSD Nov 2003~*~*

  • wccusdtalk_historian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2006
      I'm not sure how long Yahoo! will store archives
      from wccusdtalk, so from time to time we go and
      take a LooK bAcK, using the wonderful ARCHIVES
      here.

      What were the topics back then?

      TIIG Funds

      Marks Revisited?

      Stealing of Categorical Funds from downtown
      and the site being kept ignorant

      ECHS Construction beginnings

      Committees Committees and More Committees
      that done mean a thing?

      Highly paid consultants and what are these
      people doing?

      All that in the first week of November 2003!!!
      Again, feel free to go to the home page of
      the group

      Go down to the bottom of the page and see the
      grid with the # of messages for the months.
      Click on the desired month to view those messages
      Again, you do not have to be a member to view
      these.

      WCCUSD_HISTORIAN has picked the first
      "LOOK BACK"

      ~*~*~*The Categorical Funding process and the
      failure on the district's part to mandate a
      district wide policy ensuring all school site
      councils are "strengthened" with the budget
      information for their site. Rampant non-compliance
      of full disclosure of budget and review of site
      plans (as mandated by PI procedures with NCLB)
      have been going on at the MAJORITY of WCCUSD's
      schools.

      Abuse of the Categorical Program Funding process
      has been going on for years and efforts on all
      parts have been made to enlighten the board
      members. For too long this is the BIGGEST
      WASTE OF MONEY and the EASIEST WAY TO STEAL
      FROM OUR KIDS.~*~*~*

      We honor the work and commitment that so
      many have made to do ANYTHING to get this
      stealing to STOP.

      FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE HISTORY OF
      MISUSE OF THE CATEGORICAL FUNDING PROGRAM
      TYPE IN SEARCH WORD
      CATEGORICAL FUNDING
      OR
      CATEGORICAL

      IN THE SEARCH BOX ON MAIN PAGE OF GROUP.

      How has this gone on for so long you ask?
      You see the Categorical Programs are only
      monitored by the State of California every
      3 years. WCCUSD had their latest review
      in June 2006. And this review only picked
      THREE SCHOOLS (Kennedy, Chavez, Helms) and
      ALL WERE FOUND to have complaince issues with
      SSC and ELAC. And that was just THREE SCHOOLS

      Prior to that the last review was done the year
      site council training was finally offered by
      the district (as required by law)