RE: [wccusdtalk] Making Waves-Special Board Meeting-Toxic Site and Children

  • Tony Sustak
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hi,

      In case anyone is interested, here is the blog that has kept the principal
      information on the site where Making Waves is currently housed. It is the
      former Zeneca/Stauffer Chemical site. It is one of the most contaminated
      sites in the country.

      http://www.soula.org/zeneca/

      For the Greening of Richmond,
      Tony Sustak

      From: "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@...>
      > Special Board Meeting Tomorrow October 30, 2006 Making Waves ALVARADO
      > ADULT SCHOOL CAMPUS
      > 5625 SUTTER AVENUE
      > RICHMOND, CA
      > 6:30 P.M.
      > I could not figure out why there is a special board meeting tomorrow,
      > so I googled. The first time I heard of Making Waves was at a School
      > Board Meeting at least a year back when a member of the community
      > broke out and said they were "making waves" and had to be physically
      > removed from the podium if I remember correctly.
      > It all sounded good at the time, sending poor children off to more
      > affluent schools and giving them a chance at a better education. Well
      > after digging around I found out that Anton Junger, whom Is running
      > for School Board is Actively involved with Making Waves and in 2005
      > was compensated by them to keep their books to the tone of about 52K.
      > Now I am not saying anything against Anton as I have considered voting
      > for him, but what I have found disturbs me.
      > See article Youth Program Ordered Off Toxic Site
      >

      > http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/article.cfm?archiveDate=07-18-
      > 06&storyID=24643
      >
      > So then I went to look at this Toxic Site more carefully which LEAD to
      > more questions.
      >
      > http://www.gaylemclaughlin.net/press-Terrain_Winter-05.htm
      >
      > I have heard about the Scully Foundation many time and they have their
      > hands in all this also see..
      >
      > http://www.making-waves.org/beginning.php
      >
      > I never did find any answers, only more questions. I did find where
      > Glen W. Holsclaw draws I think an Income combined of about $160k off
      > of Making Waves.
      >
      > This is all just for information, I don't have an opinion, but I am
      > not sure I can make the Special Board Meeting, so I am putting this
      > out there for anyone else that may be able to attend..
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Jill Wolkenfeld
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links