Re: [Fwd: Transferring students from WCCUSD]

  • ladyluvslife67
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2006
      What truly frustrates me is that if everyone
      leaves, no one stays behind to make the necessary improvements and
      investments
      in the kids that are left behind. It is ironic that we all complain
      about how
      poor the schools are, how are kids are not educated, and how things
      will never
      improve.

      Hi Tammera,
      I would respectfully disagree with your frustration mentioned in
      your posting to Mr. Cowen. As one of those many complainers of
      the above items, one look at the archives of this group shows
      many individuals such as Mr. Cowen who started MOVEMENTS of
      the necessary improvements needed to make things better
      for our kids.

      Still remember the first time I heard of the Olinda parents and
      the force they were when their school was threatened with closure.
      At a special meeting in the Little Theatre of Richmond High I learned
      of a group of parents who
      took the financial information given out by our district, broke it
      down all on a spread sheet, and adding in all the "talk" given to
      them by administration with the "savings" of closing their school.

      Their work clearly showed there would be no savings at all!
      At the time that occurred, as a struggling "trying to be involved"
      parent, that gave me great energy. That parents like myself could
      legitimatley QUESTION the school district on accuracy of the
      information about public monies.

      And that is what makes wccusdtalk such a treasure to have for
      parents like yourself and I. Yes the truth is many people do
      leave the district. For WHATEVER reason. We must be thankful
      for the work they did and honor it by moving forward in ensuring
      all parents have the OPPORTUNITY Mr. Cowens had in questioning
      information provided by the administration of this school
      district.
      amedina