Re: Tonite Board Mtg? - Ended early?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17 10:48 AM
      No you are not going nuts!
      I received the packet in the mail and it did not say Special Meeting
      on it. I also did see on WCCUSD website that it was a Special
      Meeting. They must have changed the website. Just to drive us all
      a little crazy...
      It was televised and I too was concerned about the Measure J funds
      and did research it. It was in the scope of the Bond Language
      unfortunately.
      We can all think of a lot better things to do with 4.2 million
      dollars. The one that struck my nerve was on the breakdown was:
      FAX Server for District - this will eleminate the cost for maintaing
      and purchasing fax machines. Cost $200,000.00
      FAX machines theese days are so cheap! I can't imagine we could
      spend $200K over the next 10 years on FAX machines. Since
      technology becomes so obsolete within a few years I am almost
      certain that this is a waste of money.
      The other costs I am not clear on, so I can't comment on.

      As far as the PE, I don't recall. You may want to go to Bissel and
      watch the tape since it was only an hour meeting. Good Luck to you.

      Jill Wolkenfeld
      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "ladyluvslife67"