RE: [wccusdtalk] Candidates for School Board

  • Susan Pricco
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
      Don't be too discouraged - the filing period doesn't close until Wednesday,
      August 16. The filing period is extended five (calendar) days when an
      incumbent declines to file by the final date.

      I got this information from the Elections Department.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
        Yes, and I don't think Anton has bowed out quite yet. In fact, it's
        still theoretically possible for a candidate who hasn't taken papers
        out yet to finish the process by the final fianl deadline.

        Charley Cowens

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2006
          Jim-

          I'm also sorry to hear you aren't running even though we strongly
          disagree about uniforms. Your decision points out a big problem with
          finding Board members who aren't already overcommitted through jobs
          and service positions. I'm not sure how much flexibility you would
          have had as the owner of your own business, but it beats being a "9-5"
          employee of someone else. Still, you would probably have had to drop
          many of your service positions. We'll have to see how the slate that
          is finalized tomorrow works out.

          Charley Cowens