Passing on to new topics

  • Rebecca Hazlewood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      Eduardo, I am going to pass on your below query. I
      think this debate could go on much longer than any on
      this list have the patience for. But thanks for
      taking my posting seriously.

      I would just like to say that it looks like there is a
      lot of choice for school board trustees coming up in
      the next election. I haven't seen this many new
      candidates on the ballot in a long time.

      Rebecca Hazlewood

      Eduardo wrote in message #7847

      Rebecca,

      I can't find anything insulting in what Elizabeth
      said. Maybe you find something distasteful in the
      term "political act" that others don't see. It would
      help to explain what you mean by the term as you used
      it. As for me, everything we do is a "political act".
      Even when we chose not to act, we are making a
      political statement whether we want to or not. The
      fact that many people refuse to accept their actions
      as political is what makes it easier for our leaders
      to act with impudence. We as pragmatic folk often
      give our leaders double messages, leaving them with
      the sense that they can do whatever they please. I do
      believe we as individuals and as a collective whole
      need to begin viewing all we do as "political acts".

      Eduardo