RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: [March4Education] Re: Hercules student reacts to Hypnotic state

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
      --Jim:

      Glen did write in his post that he knew the man and he had been at E.C., but the link to his web site that was sent to me is: http://chriscady.com/.

      From: jim cowen <jimcowen@...>
      > Something is wrong here.
      >
      > I have read all the posts on this topic.
      >
      > Never have seen a name of the guy. Never have seen
      > exactly what he does.
      >
      > I searched Kron.com. Found old articles about the
      > Hercules Student beating, but nothing new. Did it
      > really run on Kron???
      >
      > I searched CCtimes.com. Found nothing.
      >
      > Googled and yahooed too. Found nothing.
      >
      > Did this really happen, or is this some hoax or
      > overexaggerated non-issue?
      >
      > I just find it hard to believe the press would not run
      > with this if it had merit. Something about a kid in a
      > hypnotic state from some school assembly gone bad?? I
      > can imagine editors drooling over this one.
      >
      > What am I missing here?
      >
      > I'm glad Scottie brought the topic up, because if the
      > story has merit it deserves more attention. But, does
      > it have merit?
      > Jim Cowen

    • Rodger Eva
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
        Sorry Jim, it really happened.

        I saw the news item on the late news a few nights ago. I can't recall
        if it was KRON or another channel. The story was as follows: A
        hypnotist (who was unnamed and declined to be interviewed for the
        story) lightly hypnotized several students as entertainment at a school
        function (the news channel had still photos of teenagers sitting with
        their heads lolling) and when the students were being brought out of
        their light hypnosis, one student became agitated and had to be
        restrained. He was taken to an emergency room where a doctor was able
        to slowly bring him out of his hypnotic state and he was released. A
        hypnotherapist interviewed for the story gave the explanation that
        everybody responds differently to hypnosis and made a very clear
        distinction between the light hypnosis done for entertainment and deep
        hypnosis done for therapy. She said it was likely that in coming
        relatively quickly out of his hypnotic state the student became fearful
        and confused. In her opinion it was likely that the student was more
        susceptible to hypnosis than most people and had gone into a much
        deeper hypnotic state than the hypnotist was aware. Coming quickly out
        of that state would be disorienting and could cause distress. The story
        ended with footage of the student walking out of what looked like a
        school parking lot.

        I don't recall the story mentioning Hercules at all.

        Rodger Eva
        eva design group
        707.632.5132

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
          --Rodger:

          Thanks for the info. Kevin, now we know we can stop worrying about if we are imaging someone told us something, and our age is playing tricks on us.

          From: Rodger Eva <rodger@...>